Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Round two done - brakes and suspension finished

Ha-ha-ha. I love that. That's me :thumb:

Achtung said:
The thing is Kim, ride height will always be a trade off with comfort. Unfortunately you cant have ultra low and a comfortable ride.

That should be stamped on every Bilstein HD and H&R Lowering Springs Package.

kim hollamby said:
Achtung said:
The thing is Kim, ride height will always be a trade off with comfort. Unfortunately you cant have ultra low and a comfortable ride.

That should be stamped on every shock and Lowering Springs Package.

EFA :thumb:

orangecurry said:
kim hollamby said:
Achtung said:

That should be stamped on every shock and Lowering Springs Package.

EFA :thumb:

:thumbs:

Achtung said:
orangecurry said-

"EVERYONE likes Bilstein"

So you say! :hand: :D

.... You are seldom right but you are wrong yet again!!! :D

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=45951&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=suspension+change&start=0

You keep reeling that one out :grin:

(I'm only replying to get the record straight for our newest members.)

Both Horse (who went from M030 to M033). and Kim changed springs at the same time; Kim changed his top-mounts etc at well.

So there's no evidence the Bilsteins were the problem, and much evidence that certain springs, especially when only allowed a small amount of travel, WILL be the problem.

I'm not saying Bilstein are not firm :grin:

My Bilsteins are firm but predictable. This is also not a day to day car but a weekend toy. If I want a cushy ride I can take the Golf.

My previous set up (with much lower H&R springs) was a little bit firmer but totally unpredictable, both in a straight line following cambers and when going round a corner and hitting a bump.

tmilligan said:
My Bilsteins are firm but predictable. This is also not a day to day car but a weekend toy. If I want a cushy ride I can take the Golf.

My previous set up (with much lower H&R springs) was a little bit firmer but totally unpredictable, both in a straight line following cambers and when going round a corner and hitting a bump.

I second that TM and I am running HDs with a full M030 set up - firm but predicatable (almost telepathic after the CG geo?) sums it up perfectly!

Would be great to do a side by side comparison between your set up and mine to see how they compare directly!

cyruspower said:
tmilligan said:

I second that TM and I am running HDs with a full M030 set up - firm but predicatable (almost telepathic after the CG geo?) sums it up perfectly!

Would be great to do a side by side comparison between your set up and mine to see how they compare directly!

Definitely. Some point in the new year would be very jolly

orangecurry said-

'Both Horse and Kim changed springs at the same time"

Wrong.....

Horse changed his suspension back to original equipment Monroe shocks and springs during the summer of 2009 (and never looked back)

Kim reverted to OE springs during the late summer of 2010 (a year after Horse) and is still not completely happy with his car (still using HD shocks)

orangecurry said-

"and Kim changed his top-mounts etc at well"

Wrong.....

Kim fitted new top mounts when he fitted the M 033 springs and was still unhappy with his car even with a raised ride height.
Kim has removed or partially removed the suspension from his car 3 times
(Bilstein HD shocks still fitted to his car.

orangecurry said...

'So there's NO evidence the Bilsteins were the problem"

Wrong....

Having changed springs and later top mounts the car was still not right so that actually points to the fact that the Bilsteins are a problem (causing a hard ride)

orangecurry said.....

'and much evidence that certain springs, especially when only allowed a small amount of travel, WILL be the problem"

You got that wrong too. (see above)

orangecurry said-

'I'm not saying Bilstein are not firm"

You got that bit right! :D

You seem to have misunderstood most of my comments, as usual, but hey.

I'll put it another way if you like - please point us to ANY posts where ONLY Bilsteins have been changed.

No? I'm out :grin:

orangecurry said:
You seem to have misunderstood most of my comments, as usual, but hey.

I'll put it another way if you like - please point us to ANY posts where ONLY Bilsteins have been changed.

No? I'm out :grin:

LOL Please point to any posts where the original specification Monroe kit was installed in a 993 and there has been subsequent problems with ....

Ride quality, Tram-lining, crashyness, poor road holding etc etc? :)

tmilligan said:
Definitely. Some point in the new year would be very jolly

Great Tom, I'm really looking forward to a shakedown test, maybe at the first Fairmile meet of 2011?

Brilliant that we have lifetime warranties on our Bilstein HDs too hey?

tmilligan said:
Oh dear, I really didn't intend for this to turn into yet another tedious spat about how Bilstein is 100% wrong and anything else is infinitely better.

:D :grin:

Anyhow good to hear youre happy with the Bilstein installation Tom, most would agree you've made an excellent choice. :thumb:

I must admit it's been a while/too long since we had a really good barney on here :grin:

:boxer: :dance: :chin: hmmmmmm

madalaa said:
....Congrats Tom I am looking forward to seeing your 993 at some stage....:)

Yes indeed... are you going to be down on the island any time over Christmas / New Year?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newbieporsche
Back