Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Gaz Gold Coilovers + Compbrake Topmounts

Sundayjumper

Spa-Francorchamps
Set of Gaz coilovers + Compbrake top mounts.

Fitted on 7th July 2019, they've done one track day and a couple of hundred road miles. Great on track but horrible on the road. Solid top mounts make it all very unpleasant, lots of road noise, you can even hear the oil squelching through the pistons. It put me right off driving the car. I used it a bit during the rest of 2019 but hated them so much that from the MOT in Feb 2020 until now the car has been relegated to the back of the garage and has only done 149 miles in that time.

The fronts didn't fit into my hubs properly so I had to make up some shims - I have email from Brian at Gaz confirming that this has never happened to anyone else so I guess it's a only problem with my car and yours will be fine ? He also confirmed that it's OK to use a shim (that nobody else has ever needed to do), and that you need to remove the helper spring to get the right ride height.

The coilovers originally cost me £1,200, plus another £500 for the top mounts. Very rare to find second hand, especially with such verified low use. Looking for £1,200 delivered.

Attachments

• gaz5.JPEG
    gaz5.JPEG
    4.5 MB · Views: 48
  • gaz6.JPEG
    gaz6.JPEG
    3.3 MB · Views: 47
  • gaz7.JPEG
    gaz7.JPEG
    5.6 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Just a thought … can’t Gaz make them more road friendly? … All there stuff is rebuildable and most bits can be changed etc

Possibly, I've not asked, and as of yesterday the car is sitting on Bilstein B8s and some x74 springs :) so I'll leave it for someone else to investigate.

Unsold bump. The buyer's wife's car broke down and he couldn't afford these any more.

Another bump.

How do you find the B8s and x74 springs?

My bad - it’s actually on Spax springs right now. X74s will go on at some time in the future. They feel nearly as stiff as the Gaz but without the noise and harshness. Much better choice for road use IMO.

Sale bump - now £1000 posted or £950 collected.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back