Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911Time's Project 991 - TracTive Coilover Installation

Noticed that Pete had posted on FB about doing a customers GTS (no details mentioned of course) and it seems like you're having a fair bit done.

I think part of the beauty of the DSC/TracTive setup, is the range of adaptability. Few drivers want exactly the same thing from their cars but the adaptability of the system offers a great range of potential combinations and infinite ability to fine tune them.

Hope you enjoy the end result

:thumb:

Yellow said:
I suspect it is my 997 - Pete has been fighting the fastenings apart to change a bunch of the suspension arms and fit the Tractive dampers at the moment. 997 standard spring rates are 40F / 100R, which is close to the standard GT3 rates.

There are a bunch of other tables that can be filled in on the DSC in certain situations (e.g. speed) that all comes through in a cumulative reading to the dampers. After a while I decided that I actually preferred the "sport" settings in virtually all cases, and always had it on. On track days, the standard dampers/springs ended up being under sprung and over damped for what I wanted (quite a bit of roll, and the tread pick up implied over damped in rebound).

My thinking on this is to pick the spring rate / roll rate that is about right / close for your application and then fine tune around the edges in the electronics to get the intended dual use from the car. I expect to be quite happy with those springs and relatively lightly damped for motorway / town ride quality. Or I know of another Tractive 997 that was reducing some of the damping rate on the brake side of the G table to get better grip and delay when ABS starts having to intervene.
l

Honestly it's a bastard of a car to undertake front suspension work. The combination of light weight aluminium arms/subframes and steel bolts means almost everything has seized solid due to galvanic corrosion. Ive ended up with the front subframe on the patio to hopefully remove the last few bolts! A snapped spring has ended up being a full front end restoration and hardly any parts are being refitted. I'm a 'whilst I'm here" type guy so whilst lots could be reused, it just makes sense to do it all at once and save on the Labour.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back