Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Nitron Roadsport Dampers - Any Experience?

ndg

Trainee
Hey All,

I'm looking at replacing the suspension on my 2001 C2. It's primarily a fast road car, no significant track use, B-road is where I want it to excel.

Looking around for options one that pops up is the Nitron Roadsport (https://www.design911.co.uk/p/front-and-rear-ntr-roadsport-suspension-kit-porsche-996-c2---c2s/). I know Nitron make decent kit, but not convinced the R1 or R3 kits are the right option for road use, probably more focused on track performance. The Roadsport could be a good option, but has anyone actually fitted this to their car? Any thoughts? Does anyone know what the default spring rates are?

The other option on my radar is the CenterGravity Bilstein kit, but doesn't look like the C2 variant is available yet.

Thanks

Nathan

I cant comment on the Nitron Roadsport setup, or the fitment on a 996, but I have a set of Nitron R1 on my track car (BMW 130i) and they are some of the best suspension I have ever used. Very well made and would recommend them.

I believe the Roadsport setup is based on the R1, but is engineered to use OE top mounts and runs softer spring rates.

I have Ohlins on my 996 GT3 and would not recommend them to anyone. If was shopping for a new kit, i would not be looking at Ohlins.

Last edited:
Thanks.

Think I need to spend some time talking to CG, Nitron etc. The options I'm pondering at the moment are Nitron Roadsport, Nitron R1, Intrax 1k2, Ohlins with more road appropriate springs or KW V3's. Any thoughts across these welcome!

What was the increase in road noise like when people have moved from standard top mounts to monoball?

I'm in no rush as I have M030 installed currently which work okay. The areas would be interested in improving are a little less high speed compression damping (patter over poor road surfaces and sharp edges are very obvious) and more low speed compression damping (on certain inputs the suspension 'collapses' through it's travel and bottoms out on the bump stop pretty hard).

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back