Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Carrera suspension upgrade and refresh

jezgreen911 said:
I have a set of Koni sport dampers to fit, to go with my Eibach springs

What's the drop on the Eibach if you don't mind me asking? I've just stuck a set on my CTR as they're quite modest in that respect.

arry said:
jezgreen911 said:
I have a set of Koni sport dampers to fit, to go with my Eibach springs

What's the drop on the Eibach if you don't mind me asking? I've just stuck a set on my CTR as they're quite modest in that respect.

the Eibach's i have are a 30mm drop over standard ride height for a European car - they are less if you already have MO30 suspension or alike. Think if you had MO30 then you would get 20mm drop if iirc :?:

Ok thanks, I was hoping the were going to be around half that. The Civic got dropped by 15mm and it's barely noticeable to look at but catches on speed humps now if I'm not really careful. The 911 rolls over them nicely so I don't want to compromise that.

I fitted M030 to my C2 and hardly noticed a height drop over standard springs so changed to Eibach and kept the M030 dampers. Definitely a 30mm drop, probably even more on the rear so I then also installed a 10mm perch spacer.
No problems with grinding out over the last 20,000m.

Looks great now, the M030 kit was an improvement over 80,000m standard suspension and the Eibach springs made the car less harsh over smaller bumps. It's still not quite there so I'm off to CG in January subject to CV19 for some tinkering & geo.

Unfortunately the speed humps around here are monsters and I really don't want to risk it.

Definitely noticed the same from the Eibach springs on my CTR - huge improvement.

My car has PSM (Porsche Stability Management) would this effect the choice of replacement dampers, springs etc?

Longin100 said:
Hi All,
I am toying with Koni sport dampers and H&R springs as a lower cost option or Bilstein PS110 coilovers (Do these come with top mounts?) as a slightly pricier option. I don't feel i would get the use out of some KW/Ohlins despite them being a firm favourite. The rest of the suspension would be OEM/OEM standard arms etc as it is still mainly a road car for me.

Any opinions or experiences? I have been in a car with the Bilsteins and liked the ride and feel of those.

Thanks in advance.

I considered KWv3s, ohlins & Bilstein pss10's. I eventually opted to have 9Excellence fit the PSS10's & refresh some other suspension bits. I asked them to be set to x74 height & a year on I'm still happy with them, & as long as you slow down to a suitable speed they cope with speed bumps just fine. Note my car doesn't have aerokit or any extra splitters though.
Re: top mounts - no they don't come with these, so you'll need to buy them separately.

Hi...seems a lot of people are having work done/have had...so i was wondering if anyone can give me a view on the cost/hours labour they have been quoted for a total overhaul.

Assuming "the lot" needs doing and finishing with alignment...?

2004 996 turbo tiptronic coupe

Thanks in advance

Moko said:
My car has PSM (Porsche Stability Management) would this effect the choice of replacement dampers, springs etc?

No, I have PSM and replaced my M030 suspension with Ohlins and then changed to softer springs.

Having tried many other options on the 911 & Porsche World suspension day, would I do it again? Probably not, I'd fit Konis with standard spring rates but they weren't around a couple of years ago.

Thanks Mike that's great to know hopefully will help to keep costs down when I eventually make a decision.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ravioli
Back