Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Round two done - brakes and suspension finished

tmilligan said:
Surely the point is: each to his own. It is impossible to say categorically that Bilsteins are wrong for the car as there are many happy Bilstein owners out there.

Check this out below Tom, just look down the page and click on the 993 buyers guide, download, then at the bottom of page 3 you'll find the title suspension and steering, funny thing is these comments aren't a one off in any way, they pop up all the time, but then Monroe themselves only quote a 50k mile life span and that 'does' depend on the installation. Bruce Anderson a well known tech guru for PCNA with a bio as long as your arm isn't quite so nice in his description of the stock dampers, but below is enough to be going on with.

http://www.gtpurelyporsche.com/buyingguide.asp

tmilligan said:
Totally agreed. Not.

Yet again we are not comparing like with like. Hoggy also said the first 4S was lowered.

Nothing for me to add, Wizard :dont know:

orangecurry said:
tmilligan said:
Totally agreed. Not.

Yet again we are not comparing like with like. Hoggy also said the first 4S was lowered.

Nothing for me to add, Wizard :dont know:

OC You keep making excuses repeatedly saying ...

"But so and so's car fitted with Bilstein suspension and X Y Z springs handled/tramlined/performed badly because the car was lowered..."

...Suggesting that the negative results were not the fault of the Bilsteins...

The thing is though... All 993's fitted with Bilstein suspension are lowered...

WHY?

Because Bilstein Struts are SHORTER than Monroe units. :eek: :eh!: :hand:

:D

Achtung said:
The thing is though... All 993's fitted with Bilstein suspension are lowered...

WHY?

Because Bilstein Struts are SHORTER than Monroe units. :eek: :eh!: :hand:

:D

Mine isn't lowered... its running at completely standard 4S height...

:dont know:

Zuffenhausen :O) said:
tmilligan said:
Surely the point is: each to his own. It is impossible to say categorically that Bilsteins are wrong for the car as there are many happy Bilstein owners out there.

Check this out below Tom, just look down the page and click on the 993 buyers guide, download, then at the bottom of page 3 you'll find the title suspension and steering, funny thing is these comments aren't a one off in any way, they pop up all the time, but then Monroe themselves only quote a 50k mile life span and that 'does' depend on the installation. Bruce Anderson a well known tech guru for PCNA with a bio as long as your arm isn't quite so nice in his description of the stock dampers, but below is enough to be going on with.

http://www.gtpurelyporsche.com/buyingguide.asp

Ooh perfect, thank you. That gives me something to read at work today...

:evil: :evil:

tmilligan said:
Ooh perfect, thank you. That gives me something to read at work today...

:evil: :evil:

:hand: :hand: READ the article.

Achtung said:

"But so and so's car fitted with Bilstein suspension and X Y Z springs handled/tramlined/performed badly because the car was lowered..."

You REALLY should read what people write.

The ONLY thing I keep on saying is that YOU are making assumptions.

I NEVER state anyones car handles badly because of ANY particular reason, because there are too many variables.

ps - I would NEVER say what you have suggested above... why?

Because MY CAR is lowered (at RS+5), is on HDs and it handles perfectly :grin:

orangecurry said:
Achtung said:

You REALLY should read what people write.

The ONLY thing I keep on saying is that YOU are making assumptions.

I NEVER state anyones car handles badly because of ANY particular reason, because there are too many variables.

ps - I would NEVER say what you have suggested above... why?

Because MY CAR is lowered (at RS+5), is on HDs and it handles perfectly :grin:

orangecurry, You persist in making wild generalisations that border on the ideotic.

Look no further than post 7 on this thread to see a prime example of a generalisation that you make that has absolutely no basis in reality.

Now look at this most recent offering from you. (I dare not call it a post)

orangecurry said-

"The ONLY thing I keep on saying is that YOU are making assumptions."

What a silly thing to say!

orangecurry, Please feel free to engage in technical debate with me!....

Why not list specific technical issues rather than flawed generalisations which seems to be the norm for you...

Then I will respond in detail...

You will no doubt find that my responses will be detailed, well thought out, concise and open to challenge.

I hope you find this helpful! :)

tmilligan said:
Oh dear, I really didn't intend for this to turn into yet another tedious spat about how Bilstein is 100% wrong and anything else is infinitely better.

:nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo:

tmilligan said:
tmilligan said:
Oh dear, I really didn't intend for this to turn into yet another tedious spat about how Bilstein is 100% wrong and anything else is infinitely better.

:nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: :nooo:

But tmilligan It's not that Bilstein is 100% wrong and anything else is infinitely better.

I could say that KW's were even worse.... :)

No -What I have consistently been saying is that origanal Porsche fitment Monroe are BEST..

Why?

Because they have been designed specifically for the 993 in close collaboration with some of the brightest chassis engineers in the world..ie Porsche chassis engineers.

That's it really! :)

Achtie perhaps I have misrepresented you. I was under the impression your feelings were essentially binary but perhaps not. If it is simply that you feel the Monroes are better than others then that is rather more approachable.

Anyway, time time for something completely different...

Attachments

• image_2_163.jpg
    image_2_163.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 2,320
tmilligan said:
Anyway, time time for something completely different...

Sums it up quite well! :floor: :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andewcb
Back