Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911Time's Porsche 991 - How to Replace Engine Lid Gas Struts

Luddite said:
WHAT....Do you mean to tell me that there is actually an engine hiding in there somewhere... :?:

Good job Mark, practical hints and tips are ever worthwhile... :thumb:

Yup .. and here it is ...

Attachments

• engine_165.jpg
    engine_165.jpg
    813.2 KB · Views: 2,251
Thanks for this thread, my struts arrived yesterday. Bit more expensive now, but still better than the £200 the dealer quoted me to replace them.

w32.aphex said:
Thanks for this thread, my struts arrived yesterday. Bit more expensive now, but still better than the £200 the dealer quoted me to replace them.

£200 :eek:

Glad this thread helped :thumb:

I have a 2017 991.2 Turbo and mine have also failed in less than 6 years! Car is due its 6 year service this month so hoping they sort them under warranty.

Did mine last week as the car had been in for a service and the OPC wanted £99 each to replace them.
There are copies out there for about £10 but like others, I decided to stay with the Stabilo ones. I buy quite a few things from Autodoc and I followed their link to get the 'rear bonnet struts', that's how they list them and of course the front bonnet struts turned up!
They took them back and I got the right ones, which are still listed as 'bonnet struts' but they're the correct fitment and were £80 for 2.
Took the inlet grill off on the lid, as there seemed to be a bit of leaves etc inside it and there was, again easy to remove and nice to get something clean.

I went to buy the D 911 pair but the price has now risen to £90.42 by the time you add delivery and VAT. Seems inflation is everywhere even though the 1st picture shows a stock code and date of 27/05/2021.

easternjets said:
I went to buy the D 911 pair but the price has now risen to £90.42 by the time you add delivery and VAT. Seems inflation is everywhere even though the 1st picture shows a stock code and date of 27/05/2021.

D911 are the worst for that, they will quite happily take your money even if the stuff is not in stock and they don't know when it will be... I avoid them at all costs.

Anyway, autodoc seem to have them : linky

Tbh, I use D911 for aftermarket parts but they drop ship a lot and surprisingly, an OPC or general car parts supplier (like Autodoc etc), is often more cost effective for these sort of basic parts - esp if you don't need P coded bits to maintain extended warranty cover.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back