Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911Time's Project 991 - Cargraphic Manifold Upgrade

worth a read for those with a 991 (y)

Thanks for the great thread Mark. and the usual high quality images.

Sorry only just picked up on it, as I was out of the loop for a while... I am bound by the extended warranty and likely to be so until my 991 arrives at the age cut of point, unfortunately unlikely I might hit the mileage cut off before age related one.. Sigh!

Your replacement exhaust system and choice of fixings looks superb and hard to imagine that it could be improved upon...

If there is one area of disappointment on my 991.1, it is the choice of materials on the exhaust fixings and clamps. For sure that they can last performing their task for 10 years or more which would seem more than reasonable on vehicles expected to be at or near end of life at that age, but on a Porsche likely to be cherished by a series of owners for as much as fifty or more years... ?

It seems logical (?) that Porsche engineers are and have been amongst the best in the automotive industry since the inception of the marque, but it also seems the bean counters may have sought to cut corners on those fixings..? Or have I got that wrong..?

Great write up, gorgeous looking car do really like them wheels !

Thanks for the great thread Mark. and the usual high quality images.

Sorry only just picked up on it, as I was out of the loop for a while... I am bound by the extended warranty and likely to be so until my 991 arrives at the age cut of point, unfortunately unlikely I might hit the mileage cut off before age related one.. Sigh!

Your replacement exhaust system and choice of fixings looks superb and hard to imagine that it could be improved upon...

If there is one area of disappointment on my 991.1, it is the choice of materials on the exhaust fixings and clamps. For sure that they can last performing their task for 10 years or more which would seem more than reasonable on vehicles expected to be at or near end of life at that age, but on a Porsche likely to be cherished by a series of owners for as much as fifty or more years... ?

It seems logical (?) that Porsche engineers are and have been amongst the best in the automotive industry since the inception of the marque, but it also seems the bean counters may have sought to cut corners on those fixings..? Or have I got that wrong..?
Apologies for the delay - been out of the loop myself. Hope you're keeping well!?

Thanks for the kind words - I'm very happy with the Cargraphic kit and the new Ti fixings. Unfortunately, the bean counters strangle hold, over what they'll allow engineers to spec, seems to have been getting worse for years - even at Porsche. I guess it's one of the reasons they became so profitable but for a brand once known for its cars longevity & over-engineered quality, it certainly grates!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back