Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Would a second hand supercharger kit sell?

Edmundo2

Trainee
Hi. Bit of an odd question but I'm due to view x2 cars on Monday in the shape of a standard Hartech 997.1 and a modded 3.7 996...Different propositions but both appeal for different reasons and I may well plump for one of them, ( would subtly improve both over time )

My desired spec is something with future proofed engine and high quality performance mods Inc suspension, exhaust, seats etc etc..

The curve ball is that I've seen a supercharged 997.1 that has a lot of nice bits on it but is above my price point however I don't really want 450+ bhp so wondered if its an option to remove the supercharger and sell it on to recoup some spend..? Its a nearly new VF kit which are circa £9k new i believe...Not sure whats entailed re removal but I don't think it would be too much agro but thought I'd ask on here whether you think such a kit could be sold for say £4/£5k..? I'm concious it's probably a narrow market and that I'd need to make sure the car I'd be left with is a good one etc..

Man maths gone mad perhaps but there seems to be very few nice modded 997.1 C2's around for sale hence my pondering..

Any thoughts welcome..

Thanks, Ed

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back