Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Two Sandwiches Short of a Picnic

I was confused by the above and reread your initial comment, and missed the obvious lashings of sarcasm marmlaide first time round. I blame 3 hrs sleep 🙄

:rolleyes: Frank, your supposed to feed the beast, not prove him wrong

I'm not playing today.

The 718 is in for paint 😵‍💫

I’m having the stone chips and road rash attended to which has manifested over +80k miles on our fine UK roads :rolleyes: Naturally this has turned into a Trigger’s broom escapade. So the front PU is being done with wings and bonnet along with both side sills (these take a hammering so if anyone is contemplating a 718 you need to get up close and personal to inspect them). The drivers door needs the stone chip/blister and door edge scrape sorting. To round it off I might have the rear PU painted as I’m not happy with the standard of paint on it.

The (lack of) heated seat has been diagnosed. What I suspected was a thermistor shutting off power to the seat back was 2 of 3 elements had failed open circuit. These are not cheap from Porsche but for this job I wasn’t picking up the bill and the job has now been sorted by someone who could strip down the seat replace the elements and put it all back together in 2hrs! I can confirm that my gonads are now nice and toasty on setting 3.

After painting it’s getting a major service along with a PDK clutch fluid change. That said the latter might have been done by OPC as they completed the 60k service so I need to tie that down as the service book doesn’t add that detail.

I’ve given up with Porsche Connect and updating the factory maps. Even updated you still need to be connected to a data source to get real time traffic. It’s far easier to just plug the iPhone in and the PCM switches straight to CarPlay To bring it into the digital age.

When it’s back I’ll re proof the roof which fits well and appears as tight as a monkey’s foreskin.

Oh yes the car is doing 41mpg and the coolant vacuum and solenoid (there are 9 of them!) issue appears to have been sorted.

“Two sandwiches short of a picnic.”

Indeed you are Z, indeed you are.
(I know you mean the car 😉).

They’re nice enough but definitely a bit out there for an old skool Porsche guy.
A mate had a brand new 718S and it was very nippy. He just couldn’t get on with it though so got rid in favour of a used 981 GTS.

Anyway, congrats. I doubt it’ll keep you interested for long though. 😜

Last edited:
As the manchester crew get into air cooled, zingari goes balls deep the other way........you really could not make it up lol

I started Dark Knight today just to hear it🥰

As the manchester crew get into air cooled, zingari goes balls deep the other way........you really could not make it up lol
I’ve sailed that boat. Time to try the other end of the business and get some air on the syrup. I won’t rule out another 964 or 993 when they drop to 25 bags.

which bit of one are you buying ?

I have some spare metropole blu carpet as a starter for £150 mates rates

In the immortal words of sponge.....aircooled, YKIMS

Well, work is in progress. And despite the deal struck to sort out the stone chips after answering the following advert, man maths has taken effect and it's grown legs with another tin of paint getting the lid taken off 🙄

FCm47wb7.jpg

The car only went in to have the stone chips and road rash sorted but the painter spotted a scuff on the underside of the rear PU and a few other age related blemishes. To keep costs down I told him to leave the roof (y). Only the boot lid may have escaped the gun.

qoaNBzA4.jpg

WPUoyANA.jpg

K7LiihNJ.jpg

sxBku2GF.jpg

Ms5Whe3U.jpg

I've also treated it to a major service with plugs and brake fluid along with a PDK service clutch fluid change.

It should be back, reassembled and ready for collection over the festive period. Naturally after I've inspected the work with the Colini Stick.

Congratulations on the sensible monetary policy! Are these cucumber sandwiches? I think a couple of cans short of a six pack is more appropriate (ho ho).

It's a bargain really - it's not as if it's not going to be easy to sell on when the time is right. I had one for a week as a courtesy car and was impressed with how fast it was, a bit all or nothing on the pick up. I was expecting a razor sharp drive but was a bit disappointed on that front. Going back to my older C4S felt far more planted and direct which surprised me.

On your PDK comment my experience in the 911 is that in normal driving mode there is full kick down which then changes up normally but if you blip the throttle (i.e. not full kick down) it will take you to the lowest possible gear and hold it in that gear for a short while letting you control the throttle input while in that gear.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ravioli
Back