Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wheres the Lemon? Black/Black 997.2 Turbo - Where is it now?

Re: Wheres the Lemon? Black/Black 997.2 Turbo - Where is it

Slayer said:
v8fettler said:
It's been a while, but has anyone come across my old lemon Turbo out in the wild? Black/Black 2010 997.2 Turbo.... Very Low Miles (17k when it left me)

Got rejected to the Bank (Clydesdale) in 2019, and went to a Asset Recovery place in Scotland, sort of place that deals with Heavy Plant strangely.

The Reg it had when it went was DA59 LCF, but thats not showing anything now, so assume its got a private plate on it.

If you, or anyone you know bought a Black 997.2 Turbo this last year or so, with crazy low mileage, especially from up Scotland way, check out its previous reg to see if its this one. I've a whole load of stuff to tell them!

Was it the one with black Gen 2 wheels on? I did enquire about one a few months ago? It was sold by Leeds and reappeared for sale within few weeks!

It woudl be uncanny if it had gone all the way to Scotland, just to come back to Leeds, and condiering the whole reasone it was sold through McLaren to me was becasue Porsche wouldnt accept it into the 'Approved Used' due to the missed early service, I'd doubt they would have had it in.

What's even more annoying is that in the middle of all this, I managed to negotiate a deal to sell it to a Porsche Dealership, not realising they couldnt take it due to the missed service. So, when your shopping around for cars, if youre buying from a OPC, you can trust it has been serviced within manufacturers guidance. You can also be sure if you dont service it when you are required, itll cost you a lot in value, from the pure inability to put it back into the Porsche Network. Anything special or over 6 years old it isnt so bad, but dont miss a service if its under 6 years old!

Thanks. Makes sense.
The one I enquired had full service history

Hi V8fettler, don't be put off Porsche, there are some good dealers around.
I had a really bad experience with Porsche Nottingham when I purchased my 991, but my local centre, Porsche Wilmslow were unbelievable.
They went out of there way to sort all the issues I'd picked up prior to purchase but were still not sorted by Nottingham on delivery.
Stuart at Wilmslow was brilliant

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back