Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My aqua blue 2011 997 GTS

Gorgeous! Love the colour and also the colour/model id go for, if looking to change (and not go 991.1). Enjoy!

Firstly, thank you for the interest. I'm never sure when I write-up my car adventures if anyone finds them interesting.

resigner said:
Do you mind saying how much it was?

drmark said:
Lovely car. But 84k? Wow!

Vortex said:
Congratulations on the purchase. Great colour and spec, so nice to see one of the rarer colour finishes. Price in some ways is irrelevant as a car a like this will no doubt be a long time keeper so it's more about the spec / condition. I really enjoyed my Gen2 997 - so much so I will probably buy another at some point. They are the perfect shape and probably the last analogue feel 911.

CB911C4S said:
Price is a personal choice and irrelevant if you can afford it, especially when you find a long sought-after spec. Looks fantastic - enjoy it.

Luddite said:
To my way of thinking CB911C4S was spot on when he typed Price is a personal choice ... . Looks fantastic - enjoy it.

I was prepared for the initial flurry of price related comments, hence why I tackled it head-on in the first post :)

Just to put the topic to bed, and thanks for the supportive comments...

Value is very personal. Pre-pandemic I looked at a nice-but-not-immaculate red manual 997 GTS at £60k. At the time, manual 997's had £10k premium over PDK. My car back then would probably be around £70-75k depending on vendor - so arguably it's ~£10k "overpriced" in today's "inflated" market.

But honestly I don't care. Sitting & waiting to hopefully pay a few £k less wasn't interesting for me after watching for 10 years, and never seeing anything even close to this car. If there's one thing I've learned in last couple of years: take opportunities when they come.

For me it's a bargain and worth every penny :thumb:

So now price is concluded, moving onto more interesting topics...

brownspeed said:
love the colour and the wheels. :thumbs:

coullstar said:
Lovely spec and great colour. Id be tempted to go all silver or lighter colour on the wheels. The black looses all the detail IMO.

Seventy Seven said:
Gorgeous! Love the colour and also the colour/model id go for, if looking to change (and not go 991.1). Enjoy!

elan said:
Lovely looking GTS in aqua blue but I might be biased!
The black wheels seems to suit the car too, I am tempted to change it on mine too.

Yes it's truly an awesome colour. The 997 GTS range had a fairly limited colour choice, and aqua blue is my personal favourite by long way. As well as standing apart, it suits the shape & style of the car so well, accentuating the wide hips, skirts and other GTS specific trim.

I love the 997 GTS wheels, although I'm tempted to play with the colour. They are beautiful wheels, and also look great more on show, especially against aqua. Wheels can sometimes get lost in black, unless the light is just right.

BTW elan - what an awesome collection you have in your sig. Especially having previously owned a number of Alpina / M3's. :thumb:

Out with my little green baby today. It's so much fun driving the little Mazda Eunos, even after the GTS. Totally different experience, and I've owned it for many years. Other end of the spectrum price-wise, and going back to my first point: value is very personal. I love it equally, just like all my children.

Attachments

• 2022_01_03_17_09_58_620.jpg
    2022_01_03_17_09_58_620.jpg
    332.7 KB · Views: 8,759
tob_today said:
But honestly I don't care. Sitting & waiting to hopefully pay a few £k less wasn't interesting for me after watching for 10 years, and never seeing anything even close to this car. If there's one thing I've learned in last couple of years: take opportunities when they come.

This seems like a perfectly reasonable answer! If you can, why not? Enjoy the car!

Absolutely stunning!

Beautiful colour, lovely interior, no sunroof, no rear wiper, perfect!

Enjoy!

Lovely car, what a great colour. Price-wise, seems fair enough in this day and age if its immaculate and the spec you want.

Interesting to see Center Gravity have a 996 4S. I took mine up there early in 2020, I remember Chris being complimentary about my car when he took it for a drive after set-up and said "I should just buy one of these shouldn't I..." Looks like he did! I'll be interested to see what they do with it, development-wise.

I have seen the car in the flesh..

Its A1 and looks beautiful! :worship:

Y2K said:
Absolutely stunning! Beautiful colour, lovely interior, no sunroof, no rear wiper, perfect! Enjoy!
Yes, original owner spec'd it perfectly. Then didn't use it - result for me!

Gazc2 said:
Well done on your purchase, Aqua is a cracking colour :thumb: a GTS is a fine looking machine some nice Pics of Pauls GTS and unusual colour stunning car.
https://www.barlow.org.uk/mid-week-runs-2021.html
Ah the ipanema one, super rare and certainly a stand-out. Personally I'm a big fan. I've seen pictures of this a number of times, but then he's a much better photographer than me too :)

Daniel said:
I have seen the car in the flesh. Its A1 and looks beautiful! :worship:
Thanks Dan - will look great next to your sapphire blue Gt4 :)

Robertb said:
Interesting to see Center Gravity have a 996 4S. I took mine up there early in 2020, I remember Chris being complimentary about my car when he took it for a drive after set-up and said "I should just buy one of these shouldn't I..." Looks like he did! I'll be interested to see what they do with it, development-wise.
Chris is using the C4S to develop their own CG 996 products to sit alongside their new 993 products. We used my 996 C2 as another development vehicle last year, which is now running on totally bespoke CG set-up. This is basis for further development with the bigger C4S platform. If you are interested, you can also see my 996 thread. Another car adventure!

Interestingly I was in two minds about the M030 sports chassis optioned with this GTS, after being very unhappy with M030 on my 996 which was far too firm for my local roads. So I spoke to Chris before pulling the trigger and it's not a big issue to swap the springs for regular GTS springs (and increasing ride 10mm in process, still -10mm than non-PASM 997 instead of -20mm with the sports PASM on this car).

But PASM is a game changer, and I find the lowered sports chassis great on the GTS. The extra damping control from DSC module also helps. It rides beautifully & cruises over speed bumps too. It's a proper sports car after all. Love it!

Beautiful car. Congratulations on the purchase!
The price is high, but if you can afford it - why not? No point being the richest man in the graveyard.

Stunning car and a unique specification. Was owned by me back in 2013.

Enjoy!

scockers said:
Stunning car and a unique specification. Was owned by me back in 2013. Enjoy!
Wow that's great & unexpected to hear from previous owner! I'll send you a PM to say hello. What an amazing list of cars in your signature :)

Lovely car OP, well done on the purchase! I've had mine for 5 years which like yours has has a good spec/was a customer car. I'd recommend the Short Shift Kit which mine left the factory with. Mine is Platinum Silver so not as striking as yours !

Cheib said:
Lovely car OP, well done on the purchase! I've had mine for 5 years which like yours has has a good spec/was a customer car. I'd recommend the Short Shift Kit which mine left the factory with. Mine is Platinum Silver so not as striking as yours !
Cheers for the SSK tip Cheib - I've added to my future-ideas TODO list :)

Echo the comments on the car being stunning. I think it has my perfect spec other than the black wheels, that blue is one of my favourites! Having sold my 997 C4S last year I am now looking for another one as I really miss it and I think it will have to be a blue one as I seem to have had a run of black cars recently (currently on numbers 6 and 7) which look amazing for about 5 mins after washing and polishing them, but as I use my cars every day that never lasts!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back