Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The hunt is on!

pzero said:
dvn12345 said:
Yeah, I'm excited to hear what comes of the inspection/scope. Been reading some interesting stuff on PH from the Hartech dude and seems there are a lot of theories as to the cause of the bore-score, but also some potential preventative measures.

Probably jumping the gun, but can anyone direct me to a decent chat on the LTT/3rd radiator fix (if that's still what people are recommending)? I seem to get dreadful results when using the search function!

There are numerous threads on here discussing LTT, here is an early one by Hartech;

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=89494&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Very interesting read, thanks. I'll give them a shout as seems to be a no brainer :)

dvn12345 said:
pzero said:
dvn12345 said:
Yeah, I'm excited to hear what comes of the inspection/scope. Been reading some interesting stuff on PH from the Hartech dude and seems there are a lot of theories as to the cause of the bore-score, but also some potential preventative measures.

Probably jumping the gun, but can anyone direct me to a decent chat on the LTT/3rd radiator fix (if that's still what people are recommending)? I seem to get dreadful results when using the search function!

There are numerous threads on here discussing LTT, here is an early one by Hartech;

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=89494&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Very interesting read, thanks. I'll give them a shout as seems to be a no brainer :)

Just dropped you a PM.

Well I've fired them an email; on a train at the moment so phone calls are torture. Fingers crossed they'll come back with either a) it's taken or b) we'll let you take it and pay the deposit you gave the other dude....! To be fair, I'm still very happy with my decision, pending the PPI and boroscope.

Phil 997 said:
Ben-911 said:
The Co2 looks to be Gen 2 :D

and the add says its 385bhp. so must be a gen2 :thumb:

Both points are valid but if an ordinary dealer looked up the figures for a 2009 Carrera S those figures are probably the ones that would come up.

£35k for a Gen2 4S just seems a tad low to me. :dont know:

Well I spoke to the garage and he said he didn't know... I asked about the PCM and he said it's carbon :dont know:

He said the wing mirrors are 'normal width' and it's a 59 plate...

dvn12345 said:
Well I spoke to the garage and he said he didn't know... I asked about the PCM and he said it's carbon :dont know:

He said the wing mirrors are 'normal width' and it's a 59 plate...

We need to see pics when they're available.

Looks like that Mayfield car has now disappeared from the website. Either the dealer realised it was cheap and will re-list it with some pics or someone jumped on it as the bargain gen 2 S it may well have been?.. :dont know:

dvn12345 said:
Well I've fired them an email; on a train at the moment so phone calls are torture. Fingers crossed they'll come back with either a) it's taken or b) we'll let you take it and pay the deposit you gave the other dude....! To be fair, I'm still very happy with my decision, pending the PPI and boroscope.

Keep us posted on the OOI when is it getting done :thumb:
Think you doing the right thing focussing on a car you like while giving small consideration to the odd car that shows up but may or maynot be what they say in the add so just doing some minimal checks . :thumb:

Saw the car today and got taken out for a run. Beautiful condition and what a colour. Has a sports exhaust fitted, post production, from Porsche with a button by the PASM etc - didn't know that was a thing. Will keep you posted tomorrow as I get results back from the PPI/boroscope

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pands
Back