Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Quick update on my hunt for a 997.1 C4S

MaxA said:
Just a thought but I reckon you're going to have to compromise on colour; I know that there were a lot of silver and grey cars, but there are others out there. If you hate it, you could always get a wrap? :dont know:

That was my unicorn spec and I am becoming much more open minded. Colour is no longer a deal breaker. Although I might draw the line at yellow!

spinnaker said:
porkerjag said:
:
There are no solid stats anywhere. I can't figure out if I have been unlucky with the last 3-4 cars I have viewed which have turned out that way or if it is really actually near to 100% or not.

I'd be interested to know what you reckon. Have you had personal experience of a 997.1 with scoring?

If you haven't already read this and have time to kill, I suggest reading this thread:
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-for...997-y-or-n-tell-us-yr-997-1-or-997-2-a-6.html

As Porkerjag said, it is perhaps just a matter of time! The thread is interesting reading based on environmental conditions - where people live and drive -, usage (the winter garagers and weekend run vs daily drivers), driving style, tracking, maintenance, etc.

Hi all,

So here's the latest update! I started this thread looking for a 997.1 C4S Tiptronic with medium miles and got a bit frustrated with finding a decent one.

Cut forward to today and I failed spectacularly! I am however the proud owner of a 2005 C2S manual... :D

After trailing around the country to find a C4S without scoring issues I changed tack and started looking for a car with a decent engine rebuild that had clearly been looked after.

Low and behold a few weeks ago a C2S popped up less than 20 miles from me. I went to see it and it was in tip top shape. The car is in Atlas grey and has 53k miles on it. The engine was rebuilt 6 years ago and the engine block work and all 6 liners were done by Hartech. It seemed to be a really thorough rebuild (low temp thermostat, new IMS shaft and bigger IMS bearing, new water pump, etc). It pulls like a train and I am getting to grips with the manual gearbox.

The previous owner had owned the car for 2.5 years and had done quite a bit. Coolant pipes replaced, Milltek Sports exhaust fitted (sounds amazing!), very regular oil changes, pads and discs, etc. I had the car checked over and the guy reckoned it was one of the most sorted ones he had seen for a while.

It has the M030 suspension (non-PASM) option from factory with Billstein shocks and a limited slip diff. The suspension has been overhauled a few years ago with matching replacement parts fitted. It runs 20mm lower than normal C2S PASM and is firm but not a bone shaker but no trouble with speed bumps so far.

I keep finding extra bits that weren't mentioned in the ad whic have been done, such as it having been fully Gtechniq platinum ceramic coated 2 years ago.

I am totally chuffed with the car. I have a few minor bits to get done in the coming weeks. I have only driven it about 120 miles so far but looking forward to the weekend!

Thanks to you all for your help with the hunt. It is good to be a Porsche owner at last. :thumb:

Attachments

• edit_785.jpg
    edit_785.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 1,551
Congratulations on your purchase. Really great that you've found one that's been rebuilt and well cared for. The spec sounds great and whilst it's a shame not to have the wide body that you were after, you won't miss much in day to day driving I wouldn't think! Manual vs tip is an interesting one though, how are you finding the stick shift?

Sounds like you pretty much have to fill it up with V power and enjoy!

Congratulations. That looks lovely. Atlas grey is a great colour.

Congratulations - it looks great. Even better that you found one with the Hartech rebuild, which was at the top of the wish list. Enjoy the smiles from driving it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back