Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Selling my 997 privately - what work to prioritise?

Many thanks for all the advice. Lots of differing opinions, but I'll take on board everything that's been said.

Thefinn said:
I agree with the other chaps do the brakes yourself they are really easy on the 997 and Euro car parts has 25% off at the moment or look on fleebay for the parts.

If it's a bumper that is scratched you might also find a good condition second hand one that is cheaper to swap than getting the old one painted. If not I normally get a panel sprayed for around £250 - 300.

If you want the wheels tidied up you can have them painted rather than powder coated which is cheaper.

Thanks for this...had a look on EuroCarParts, it says a 20% sale to me, but still good.

The Pagid brake discs are £90 each after discount/vat. I checked my quote and they are quoted as £70-ish on there! (with discount) The brake pads are also slightly cheaper than on ECP, at £74 each.

The quote is expensive @ £700 because it includes replacing all discs and both pads. Labour is £180 in the quote, does that sound reasonable? Obviously I need to work out which discs/pads are worst, I don't think they're as bad as each other. Luckily they sent me a service video, but hard for me to tell what's significant corrosion and what's only minor/medium!

carpart4less has them cheaper at around £70 (if you use the discount code) as your quote which does seem good for the prices given but you just might want to ask what brand they are quoting for?

Does it say how worn your brakes are on the quote, i know when i take any of the cars in for a service or work you always get told that your brakes are 70% worn. What about the other 30% that could be 10000 miles or more, also if the disks are still OK you can change the pads without changing the disks.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPD
Back