Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Selling Penny my 996, needs a rebuild...anyone interested

Where has the op gone?

Sorry for the delay in seeing these posts!

So brief update...she went this morning!

Was contacted by someone on the forum and pleased to see her go to someone who wants to do the rebuild and get her back on the road...never know, I may come across her at an event one day.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their thoughts and advice...been really torn over which way to take the car and decided this was the right decision at this time. Perhaps different given different circumstances.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
Bravo sir. Glad you got a result that you're happy with

at least its gone to someone who will make it right, onwards and upwards. thanks for the update

I had a black mk1 C4 cabrio not basic spec in 2016 had engine had a complete IMS failure on on it. Listed it on ebay and someone gave me £6k for it the same week, only paid £9k when it was working. To us a rebuild like this is very costly, to someone who owns or works for a garage doing rebuilds this could be just the cost of parts with discount so to them its well worth it.

Leon1davies said:

Was contacted by someone on the forum and pleased to see her go to someone who wants to do the rebuild and get her back on the road...never know, I may come across her at an event one day.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their thoughts and advice...been really torn over which way to take the car and decided this was the right decision at this time. Perhaps different given different circumstances.

Yeah wonderful,so much for keeping me in the loop,should never have told you I had an engine on the shelf.

Leon1davies said:

Glad you're happy with the outcome OP :thumb:

Congratulations..glad you're happy and all worked out!
Look forward to seeing the car brought back to life too. Looks a nice example :thumb:

Well on the positive side, you can move on having learned something about the risks of trying to run an OLD sports car on a limited budget, perhaps more so a marque with known engine issues straight out of the box, let alone one that has covered a few thousand miles of "sporting" driving by a number of short term owners.. ?

On the other hand from new, perhaps only 3% of 996/997.1`s may suffer from the seemingly inbuilt engine issues. For some the odds for and against engine issues can work out wonderfully well, I guess it can all be down to the Clint Eastwood line from a movie... " Well, do ya feel lucky punk..?" All of which is just a tad disappointing for a long term fan of Porsche engineering as I found it to be in the 90`s

Hope if indeed a forum member bought it with the intention of rebuild he might share some of the tale of it`s return to the road..

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back