Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Remapping for 911 (997) Turbo

John_B

Hello, I'm new here...Ive been looking at a remap for my 911 for a little while now, I just want a little extra omph! Ive been told that the difference is fantastic on 911 turbo's, I was just wondering if anyone has had theirs remapped here and the difference it made?
I wentto a local car show the other day and there was a company there called GCL Tuning there who seemed to know what they were talking about, didn't know if anyone has had any experience with them?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, I just want to know if its worth me going ahead with a remap.

Regards John

DMS did a great job on my 996 TT, Ive not got to the stage of wanting to mod the 997 yet but they get my vote.

Ian

DMS did a great job on my 996 TT, Ive not got to the stage of wanting to mod the 997 yet but they get my vote.

Ian

Hi Guys ,

I have just spoken to the chaps at GCL and have booked in for friday , After speaking with other tuners i belive that tick all of the correct boxs
a big thing for me is the warranty factor thay not only warrant the product (software) but the vehicle is also covered in the unlikly event of the software causing any problems ,Another factor is the software is fully custom a developed to suit me and my requirements as opposed to the one size maps that can not be changed or do not suit requirements. My expected gains are 60BHP and 90 NM of torque ...

Thanks John

They will only repair the damage "if you can prove it was the re-map that caused the damage" and how are you going to do that exactly and without Porsche being involved?

I've never heard of GCL to be honest and would tend to look for a tuner that was well known with a product that has been proven to be reliable...

As ResB says I think if you do go modding your car in anyway you are basically saying good bye to any OPC warranty claim and if the Tuner (which I havent heard of either) does contest his software caused the fault you'll have to get yet a 3rd party involved to find what caused the problem and it's very likely that you will be holding the bill.

I am not poo pooing the modification what so ever, as I said I went with DMS on my 996 TT.

Ok i see your point , However thay work with my local dealer and fiar enough they may not be big in the porsche market but the end result will be the same if not better , The main swaying point for me is my local dealer is using the service that must be a good thing ? I gess it's personal preference and who you feel safe with .Also can't find one bad word on the web .

John

John_B said:
Ok i see your point , However thay work with my local dealer and fiar enough they may not be big in the porsche market but the end result will be the same if not better , The main swaying point for me is my local dealer is using the service that must be a good thing ? I gess it's personal preference and who you feel safe with .Also can't find one bad word on the web .

John

Hi John if you are saying that your local OPC (Dealer) is using/recommending these guys for their tuning and mods and will stand any warranty claim other than what the map may cause then you my friend have a good thing going there. I have heard of slight variations of what the OPC's are offering regarding warranty claims to cars with non OPC mods/parts and most is a point blank no. Id be more inclinded to keep it to yourself the name of the OPC thats being very flexible, owners will travel alot of miles for a warranty on a modded Porsche.

Ian

Forgive my cynicism but I smell Haddock.

What's your connection with the tuning company John?

John_B said:
the main swaying point for me is my local dealer is using the service that must be a good thing ?
John

John just wondering who is this dealer in question?

and from the site there are no location details for GLC :?

Dave said:
Forgive my cynicism but I smell Haddock.

What's your connection with the tuning company John?

Sorry i don't understand ? Im the client

John

The dealer is porsche Norwich and i believe Colchester also use them ...

They are based in Bury St Edmunds Suffolk

John

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shofwan_khilmi
Back