Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 turbo going for GT2 look

Emiel1979

After having had a bit of bad luck (hitting a truck tyre on the highway), I decided to convert my 997 turbo into the GT2 look.

The car is already printend again and the last parts arrive next week.

I am only missing the upper GT2 cover in the front bumper. It looks the same as the gt3 one but the price is double.

Does anyone know if a GT3 version wil fit or is not what the difference is between the both?

Kind regards

Emiel

Which cover are you referring to? Photo would help. I have built a full 997 GT2RS spec car and don’t believe there are any cross over parts from the GT3 in the front bumper assembly.

I am talking about the grill directly in front of the hood ( between the headlights)

Attachments

• IMG_0634.jpeg
    IMG_0634.jpeg
    260.7 KB · Views: 13
Theyre different. Also the radiator behind on mine they had to turn upside down and fit GT2 parts behind the bumper too for the air flow to work as designed.

porsche-997-turbo-mki-c855009102023124320_1.jpgThats a vent for hot air to exit.

Yes different part. I made a video years ago of all the parts during my front end conversion, you can see it here. Not sure if it helps at all.

it looks like you both have different types as one lies on top of the air vent and to other appears to be mounted in the hole of the air vent.

I know Porsche is not cheap but 800 euro for plastic cover I find very expensive

The GT2 bumper has only one vent piece on the top part of the bumper , which is the one you can see sitting on top of the bumper in the video. Obviously it doesn't go on top when fitted, I just put it there for the video.

There are two, one is carbon that was for the GT2RS and the other is just plastic. I guess they are asking £800 for the plastic one now? Wowza

There's a ton of photos here from my front end conversion, including a break down of what parts you need for the front bumper. To do it properly it's a lot of stuff. All the duckting underneath is different and the front radiator is mounted differently. You can see in the photos how it's different from the standard Turbo bumper.

VAD_PORSCHE_RSR_TURBO

P1020262

0F7D3889-0B00-45C1-BC03-23940C558D5B_zps92xkuevc

The main difference that I see is indeed the radiator which is hanging a bit backwards in the turbo and forwards in the GT2.
Thanks for the pics

Yes, it’s all different. If you want it to look right, you’ll need to do everything underneath.
It’s not a straight swap as you’d think.
I needed to change the ducting, radiators brackets, pipes etc.
I know Tech 9 in Hale Village had a way of doing this more simply but I’m not sure of the details (or how it looked).

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpkM3
Back