Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A big 996 Turbo S v 997 Turbo dilemma ...

996 and 997 built on same platform. Very similar cars. Both have traction control. 996 steering more direct as 997 has a vario rack. 996 has conventional turbos vs 997 VTGs but in real world both wake up properly at 3000rpm and then go ballistic at 4000rpm. 997 has pre brake where it slightly loads the brakes ahead of when the car thinks you might need them. 997 more refined and obviously much more tech with PASM etc. I still do not find there’s a massive difference between 996 turbo and 997 turbo unless you go Gen 2 997 with PDK.

If you're going to fit new turbos, you really need to fit billet wheel modern tech, it's stupid not to. There's no need to stick with old turbo tech, things have moved on.

I think PASM is a gimmick, I've had active suspension in a few cars and I've never known the difference, I even bought a DSC controller for my GTR and it was a waste of money tbh. My C63s had active engine mounts, no idea what that ever did. If you really want to, tractive do active suspension for a 996, bit pricey though.

I prefer the looks of the 997 myself, also has much better seats.

Lig, did you buy one, if so what ?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back