Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Seats Dilemma

David Ramsbotham

Silverstone
Good Day 996 people, I need your help in deciding what to do, if anything, about the seats in my 2000 C2 cab. My interior is largely Savanna Beige with seats to match, but front seats are well worn.
I would like to have them recovered and the hardbacks repainted but realistically cannot justify the budget.
I have searched/appealed for good condition replacements but seats in beige always seem to be well worn/damaged.
I have even had a go at refurbing the driver’s seat bolsters myself but remain unhappy.

I am of the opinion that the interior would not look amiss if all the seats were black or dark blue so this maybe an avenue to explore. I also have in mind that 997 front seats would perhaps be an option.

So, in a nut shell, what should I do? Would appreciate constructive comments and guidance!

I am one of several here who have changed to 987/997 front seats and I've found it the best change I have made, far more comfortable.

Thanks, that does seem to be a trend. 991 seats were also suggested to me but I don’t know if they would fit!

You will have to modify the wiring but it isn't difficult

My existing seats only have electric recline. I have been warned not to try to replace them with full electric seats ( say from a 997 ) as wiring is almost impossible to sort out!

The 997 sports seats will be a nice upgrade, they are FAR more comfortable and supportive.

My car also has full savannah interior and I fitted a pair of black/silver 997 sport seats (heated/elec recline), the wiring is doable.

Long term I also plan to get them retrimmed & repainted...but it looks ok as is.

Here's a photo of how it looks with one seated fitted (I can take a photo tonight with both seats in :))

image0.jpeg

Last edited:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back