Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Importing 997 from US

RussD

Hi. I just returned to the UK and brought my 2005 997 with me. I’m going through the process to get V5 and plates but does anyone know what changes I need to get done? Do I need new headlights or can the direction just be changed? Is it the indicator colour? Has anyone brought a US spec car over here? I’ve asked local MOT guys but nobody’s got a clue here.. Thanks in anticipation 👍🏼

Oh I’m also struggling to find an insurer… if anyone has any recommendations. I’m 57 and clean UK license

Thanks so much drmark - i’ll call them in the morning! My importers didnt have a clue. But they were cheap. Ya gets what ya pay for..
👍🏼

Hi. I just returned to the UK and brought my 2005 997 with me. I’m going through the process to get V5 and plates but does anyone know what changes I need to get done? Do I need new headlights or can the direction just be changed? Is it the indicator colour? Has anyone brought a US spec car over here? I’ve asked local MOT guys but nobody’s got a clue here.. Thanks in anticipation 👍🏼

Oh I’m also struggling to find an insurer… if anyone has any recommendations. I’m 57 and clean UK license

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back