Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Sports Exhaust Fault - PSE Troubleshooting Fix

Could you please share the type of line you are ordering up? Did you find a type with heat shielding properties like the OEM?
If not, maybe covering it in a fuel pipe hose or something similar can be possible, those are probably heat resistant.

NoTurboRequired said:
Could you please share the type of line you are ordering up? Did you find a type with heat shielding properties like the OEM?
If not, maybe covering it in a fuel pipe hose or something similar can be possible, those are probably heat resistant.

This is what I have on order:
https://www.carbuilder.com/uk/stainless-braided-flexible-ptfe-brake-hose-per-mtr

Found them on eBay though they are only about 20 miles from me so if I'd been in a hurry I could have collected. Interesting and useful stuff on their site including some stainless steel mesh (for air intakes in front bumper cover, next job) and I also found they do sheets of the heat shield material if the heat shields had been damaged (the rear one on mine had started to deteriorate where the brackets are attached, but have fixed that using Quiksteel).

PTFE which is what the internal pipe is made from has heat resistance up to 300C, stainless steel beyond that. Should be entirely sufficient.

The black line which connects between the braided pipe and the vacuum Y piece does not in my case need to be replaced but I suspect it has an internal diameter of 3mm and I have found some silicone pipe of that size on eBay. Silicone has heat resistance up to 200C which should be well above the temperature in the engine compartment.

Finally the clips - again on eBay I have found some stainless steel ones which are 8-10mm and should do the trick, though I had picked up a couple anyway from Porsche when I bought the replacement actuator.

Hope that helps!!

The replacement braided pipe arrived yesterday, and is identical to what was on the car, fitted it during the afternoon. It was a bit of a faff to attach the pipe to the clips, but it's all done and now I have both actuators working!

So now it's just a matter of putting everything back on the car.

sib8292 said:
The replacement braided pipe arrived yesterday, and is identical to what was on the car, fitted it during the afternoon. It was a bit of a faff to attach the pipe to the clips, but it's all done and now I have both actuators working!

So now it's just a matter of putting everything back on the car.

:goodjob:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ors97
Back