Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

9x7.2 PSE exhaust coding question

pothole

Spa-Francorchamps
Is it possible to code out the flaps opening and closing when in Sport mode?

In short, when you have PSE "on" or open, the valves are open from idle up to a certain RPM (2.5K or something roughly like that), then they close then then open again above 4k or 4.5k (again, these are rough figures).

I think this is something to do with drive-by noise regs for some markets. Anyway, can the system be recoded so that it's just open all the time when you hit the PSE button?

:popcorn:

:popcorn:

Suspect you will have a better chance searching on the Rennlist or similar. A bunch of people have built the electronics that does the same thing (there is a thread on here). Or Carnewal sell a number of parts for this http://www.carnewal.com/Exhaust#997 you could try phoning Gert about software?

On the 996.2 we snipped a component in the control relay to do this. For the 997.2 I've never seen a similar option or a coding option. I have Durametric Pro and there's nothing there.

I did buy a couple of the Carnewal gadgets, but never bothered fitting. With the PSE and Sharkwerks bypass I haven't felt much need.

The Carnewal system works but I was quoted ~£300 so i'll just push the button...

Nervus said:
The Carnewal system works but I was quoted ~£300 so i'll just push the button...

That doesn't fix the OPs problem.

Magic919 said:
On the 996.2 we snipped a component in the control relay to do this. For the 997.2 I've never seen a similar option or a coding option. I have Durametric Pro and there's nothing there.

I did buy a couple of the Carnewal gadgets, but never bothered fitting. With the PSE and Sharkwerks bypass I haven't felt much need.

Yeah, I wouldn't expect to see anything relevant with a Durametric or similar. I was more thinking along the lines of the equivalent to an engine remap.

I'm sure it's doable, but the technical barriers may be quite high.

No you can't.

But if you look at this thread here, you can see how to program (and wire) the PSE switch so its permanently on or off. Its http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=116327&highlight=retrofitting+pse+switch and if you look later on in the thread, you can see someone has used the same method to do what you're asking for.

This is how I have mine, but I added a switchable exhaust system (no PSE as standard) too and replaced my centre console switch with the PSE one.

JonnieD said:
No you can't.

But if you look at this thread here, you can see how to program (and wire) the PSE switch so its permanently on or off. Its http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=116327&highlight=retrofitting+pse+switch and if you look later on in the thread, you can see someone has used the same method to do what you're asking for.

This is how I have mine, but I added a switchable exhaust system (no PSE as standard) too and replaced my centre console switch with the PSE one.

Thanks. Looks excessively complex. I'd much prefer a DME remap that jury rigging all that hardware. Would have thought that it was possible to adjust the exhaust valve mapping in the DME similarly to how the aftermarket engine DME mapping is done.

Of course, somebody would have to invest the time to work out how to do that and it's doubtful whether the market is big enough to justify that.

I believe the PSE valves are actuated via vacuum lines. They're default open/on until the engine fires up, which pulls vacuum to close them off on startup.

I think if you disconnected the vacuum lines from the PSE actuators (and capped off the lines), the PSE valves would literally be permanently on.

Assuming that was acceptable to you...

Karl.

I want to be able to turn PSE on and off / have the valves open or closed. I want to retain that functionality rather than have the valves locked open all the time.

What I don't want is the DME constantly opening and closing the valves when you're driving up and down through a certain rev range when PSE is ostensibly "on" or open. I just want the valves open and to stay open when you hit the PSE button. That's not what happens with the factory solution, the valves open and close frequently in normal driving until you get up past roughly 4k and they then stay open.

With the windows down, it's easy to hear the valves opening and closing and personally I find it pretty irritating and clunky.

For something that actually exists there's the Carnewal controllers.

Yeah, I don't really want to have some slightly skanky looking fob and then a dead PSE button on the dash!

the fobs nice.

you have 3 options

unplug them
Buy a cargraphic controller, the fobs fine i have one for my 718 as do many people
remap the car and ask for the for it to be coded out.

nothing "skanky" about the fix's options !

if you don't have an xpipe fitted you might as well have them open anyway all the time. I did.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back