Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help me find a car - GT3 or C4S

Rich buy the right one, at the right price and I wouldnt give depreciation much thought.

I lost £4k on mine in 13 months after adding 20,000 miles, so by my calculations it lost nothing.

20p a mile in depreciation to run a C4S, not bad me thinks.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 102710

Rich, as Daz says - if you find the right one, the depreciation won't be too bad. But if it's losing money you are worried about, then a TT will probably be the best bet - they are very cheap at the moment and more will come onto the market as people change to the 997.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 102752

I expect to lose a few quid over time with depreciation just dont want to have a very bad loss. I agree Daz did very well no doubt taking good advice, doing lots or research and buying the right car for the right money. I hope to get some good advice on here and whatever I think might be right I will run it past those of you who know a lot more than me.

Thanks for the input.

Daz, have a great holiday.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 102800

Day 1

with no Porsche, driving a bloody diesel small van in fog certainly brought it home.

Even the drivers where I work laughed at me.

Even the raffle went bad - came 15th which was a 12 year old bottle of whisky. Good you think, but consider 1, I dont drink it and 2, I actually got given 2 of these, put them in the staff draw, paid 5 quid for tickets and got 1 back. Real Good news raised 155 quid for shooting star - that charity will make you cry.

Am going to Ascot tomorrow to take a look over a few different cars - no intention of buying any of them, just get a feel for them.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 102985

Day 2

Went to view a few this morning at a local dealer, to get a feel for things.

I so much love the Porsche shape, I hope I am not becmoing Gay or whatever it is when you fall for cars.

Looked at C4S 2004 - not bad, but with 44k on clock which it too much, sports exhaust sounded fab. due a 48 service in 4000 miles so a bill around the corner. not too bad condition, but not quite right. 4 prev owners and a few bumper scratches.

10 k more and onto the 2004/54 997 C2 - in black, not my colour but only 7k miles and in lovely condition as you would expect. first look at a 997 was nice, but a long way to go in depreciation for a standard car.

another 10 k more and a beautiful GT3RS white / red - 4 owners but a lovely toy. The one I would like if all I did was track days and no work driving.

Think the C4S is my direction at the moment, but not this one.

rich

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103183

Rich

You are more than welcome to head towards Chavely and try a 996TT out. For the 3 months I have had this one I have loved every single drive in it :D
. Even the battle into Waitrose today.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103270

Rich.... Close to Gatwick :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103275

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dave on 23 December 2006

not too far from weybridge really. I will be in touch.

Its down to 3 cars and I can get a runabout if needed : C4S, GT3 or TT, with the C4S in pole at mo.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103280

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by richardofengland on 23 December 2006

Previous poster said:

Its down to 3 cars and I can get a runabout if needed : C4S, GT3 or TT, with the C4S in pole at mo.

Which suggest based on your postings that a C4S will be on the cards but certainly not a GT3.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103294

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Stuttgart Spy on 23 December 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by richardofengland on 23 December 2006

Previous poster said:

Which suggest based on your postings that a C4S will be on the cards but certainly not a GT3.
To be honest there are so few Gt3s around (except on 911UK) I need to find out for myself why they are 'the car to have'. I will be sorting out a test drive at the nearest OPC.

I want the next Porsche for at least a couple of years, so I know i cannot put 20 thousand miles a year on whichever car I get. If I have a second car the choice of my no 1 car is still to be finalised. The C4S is on the basis of a lot more road use and the GT3 will be on a lot less road use and some track days.

I just need to be sure that I dont rush into either and then wish I had not.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103302

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 23 December 2006

have you ever done a TD before ?
not for a GT3 I have not, or a TT as I was not looking to spend so much before - but things have changed.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103331

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by richardofengland on 23 December 2006
Day 2
Went to view a few this morning at a local dealer, to get a feel for things.
I so much love the Porsche shape, I hope I am not becmoing Gay or whatever it is when you fall for cars.
Looked at C4S 2004 - not bad, but with 44k on clock which it too much, sports exhaust sounded fab. due a 48 service in 4000 miles so a bill around the corner. not too bad condition, but not quite right. 4 prev owners and a few bumper scratches.
10 k more and onto the 2004/54 997 C2 - in black, not my colour but only 7k miles and in lovely condition as you would expect. first look at a 997 was nice, but a long way to go in depreciation for a standard car.
another 10 k more and a beautiful GT3RS white / red - 4 owners but a lovely toy. The one I  would like if all I did was track days and no work driving.
Think the C4S is my direction at the moment, but not this one.
rich

Richard sounds like the place you went is where I got my Gt3 from, if i'd have realised you were over, you could have come round & had a blast in a GT3. It's only 5 mins away.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103335

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bleasedudley
Back