Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 plans for 2024?

would you consider changing the car or is it a keeper?

would you consider changing the car or is it a keeper?
It is a keeper (tour of Wales, four tours of Spain/Portugal, two tours of Alps plus France) unless someone made me a stupid offer, which they won‘t. I am looking to add a stage 3 TurboS 997 model for daily duties in the next 12-18 months.

Have bought the Gt4 RS underbody aero that pushes air out to the sides behind the front wheels, to clean up the airflow to the rear diffuser along with 991 Cup front flat splitter parts in front of the front wheels (removes the curved part in front of 991.2 wheels with a flat section for more downforce).

No idea how much difference it makes, but some track guy say their cars felt more stable at high speed..........20240115_121532.jpg

I can’t imagine you would feel a difference in high speed stability with that fitted, must be placebo affect imo. Surprised to learn that aero from a GT4RS would fit a 991 too! Everyday is a school day… Good luck, let us know if you do “feel” any differences

be good to see the finished product

having done similar underbody upgrades on mine many years ago, thet make a difference @Markiegt3

Yeah, but why wouldn’t Porsche have done that? Not poking, just curious. I know aero is the black art, I recall a ring goer proving that point conclusively with a cardboard wing and diffuser etc gaffer taped to and e36 M3 an getting positive results..

Yeah, but why wouldn’t Porsche have done that? Not poking, just curious. I know aero is the black art, I recall a ring goer proving that point conclusively with a cardboard wing and diffuser etc gaffer taped to and e36 M3 an getting positive results..

They kind of did (there is currently a single blade diverter), just as the cars progressed, they made the underbody aero more elaborate, so presumably more effective.

The cup replacement front parts (splitter area) I understand replace parts that reduced downforce, but helped divert air from the tyres and improve steady state fuel consumption.

Tbh, I just like fiddling.............

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back