Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Stuck Coolant Pipes

Even if you had got the rubber pipe out there would be no point fitting it to that ally pipe .. its shot .

Subframe down and replace all of the pipes .. cover in wax oil or similar and job done and you shouldn,t have future issues .

Replacement of crossover pipes is a common job for us .. we have done 2 this week ... it's not hard .

Design and our climate , salt roads in winter .. not good for these .

Well worth replacing everything and the parts aren't the usual eye watering cost! I was planning on spraying everything with ACF-50. Better to use wax oil?

Either will do .. i tend to say wax oil as its what we use at work but basically anything that keeps water off is fine ... ACF-50 does have good support from people here though .

just started into this yesterday. 4 rad pipes removed with varying levels of fukkery. I just cut the ones that go into the crossover pipes.

lower ones fought but didnt seem to damage the plastic pipes so will just reuse those.

next step dropping the subframe enough to get the alloy pipes out. Replacing the brake pipe too while im in there as its been cut & joined in the drivers wheel arch and Im not a fan.

fun times ahead!

well old pipes are out. dropping the subframe is fairly handy and you can wiggle out the pipes.

problem Im having is the 2 cross braces both stripped the pressed stud out of the subframe so going to have to cut them out and find some other solution.

also the clips that bolt to the plastic pipes both snapped the bolts so Im stuck with plastic pipes that I cant bolt the clips to. the snapped bolt is well in there so not sure what my plan is there.

these things were certainly sent to try us.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoochyTM
Back