Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help! Coolant pipe repair

AntonyC

Hi,

My upper coolant tank pipe has burst, I've highlighted it in the picture. Does anyone know where the other end goes and could I replace with a generic 8mm coolant pipe temporarily to get me home? Currently at Le Mans, I've managed to temp fix it with rubber coolant tape and another bigger hose over the top giving support to stop it bulging. I'm not sure if this will get me back to uk or not.

I've looked at the Porsche diagrams but finding it hard to confirm the pipe.

Thanks

Antony

Attachments

• f79e5b15_4e31_4af2_b98b_d1c52a30f7c9_766.jpeg
    f79e5b15_4e31_4af2_b98b_d1c52a30f7c9_766.jpeg
    791.3 KB · Views: 853
I had a hose leak on my Elan +2 many years ago in a remote part of Scotland. A temporary repair kit from a local garage lasted very well. IIRC is was a Holts kit, a sort of rubber bandage supported by tie wraps.

Best guess as i'm Not a parts guy .. 99710625101 .. a superseded part number ..

In your case .. you need a rubber band .. something like a large envelope rubber band .. a thin sheet of rubber .. a jubilee clip and some luck .

I think a garage is safest though .

Thanks for the responses, I did as suggested and used self fusing silicon tape and then cut a larger diameter pipe length ways and put it over the affect area and put four Jubilee clips to hold it all together.

Im going to speak to OPC parts to get the correct part no, ill check the 99710625101 and see if its the right one. Thanks deMort.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back