Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

RJ56LOH - anyone know this car!

Gixxer996

Silverstone
Hi all. I'm looking at buying another 911 (997 this time).

I am very interested in this car but it has not had a bore score check and the seller isn't up for me paying for it to go for an inspection (time constraints his end apparently).

Either way I'm still interested but hoping someone might recognise it and warn me off or the opposite? Worth a try!

Attachments

• 415bfd6e_dd94_440b_9e97_12f20e590c3d_366.jpeg
    415bfd6e_dd94_440b_9e97_12f20e590c3d_366.jpeg
    380.1 KB · Views: 1,194
  • 0fac0230_ef2e_469b_9a60_77ef3566f5c0_140.jpeg
    0fac0230_ef2e_469b_9a60_77ef3566f5c0_140.jpeg
    384.5 KB · Views: 1,196
  • b0f7a34b_8712_4230_95fe_20fba6d6bd3c_177.jpeg
    b0f7a34b_8712_4230_95fe_20fba6d6bd3c_177.jpeg
    298.9 KB · Views: 1,194
Ooh, Atlas Grey with PSE! I remember when mine looked like that :bandit:

I can't answer your question, but has it had a PPI? Borescope won't really tell you very much more than you can already see from a good PPI. Just speaking to the OPC /Independents it has been serviced by would be a good start.

After a successful PPI, If it hits the right spot for you in every other way, such as colour, specification, condition and mileage push for a sizeable discount and get it bought. If you're a gambler, just assume it will need a rebuild in the future in any case, with the bonus of a capacity increase :dont know:

Did you read this: Hartech rebuild and upgrade to 4.1 UPDATE - 1700 miles in

Thanks for that. come rebuild time a capacity increase would be mega. TBH- I'm a mechanic by trade and always have bought with a view to add value. In this instance I'm feeling old/ lazy/ tired and just want a car that's a good base to start with. Hopefully return a good 20k miles without a rebuild. But it's priced keenly and ticks all other boxes. Fingers crossed. Still keen to hear if anyone knows the car.

No MOT history at all, so must have been on private/personalised plate. Might be a good idea to get a copy of the V5C and find it's registration history.

BSZ9114 is the personal reg. no dramas on mot history and seems a clean car.

Whereabouts is the car? Perhaps you could offer to get a decent mobile service to do a check or a local indie to go out to the car?

Avoid-viewed this today. A bit rough all over and severe bore score spitting out oil from near side exhaust. Seller pleaded ignorant despite categorically stating it didn't show any signs over the phone.

It's a lemon!

Offer the seller £7K, then send it to Hartech for a rebuild for £13K. Make it a 4.1 whilst you're at it. :dont know:

Sorry for the waste of time, keep looking.

Thanks. Clearly a chancer trying to get away with it. Tbh it would still need a few thousand spending regardless of the engine. £7k I'd be tempted, otherwise not at all! :D

Back to the search! :thumb:

Gixxer996 said:
it has not had a bore score check and the seller isn't up for me paying for it to go for an inspection (time constraints his end apparently).

This did sound a bit iffy when you posted it. 911 people usually expect there to need to be an inspection when selling.

Disappointing times but better safe than sorry. When I was looking I ended PPIing great looking 2 cars before I found the right one (and PPI'd the one I bought too). It is a bit galling to have spent the money for nothing but that is why you do them.

Good look with the hunt.

spinnaker said:
Gixxer996 said:
it has not had a bore score check and the seller isn't up for me paying for it to go for an inspection (time constraints his end apparently).

This did sound a bit iffy when you posted it. 911 people usually expect there to need to be an inspection when selling.

Disappointing times but better safe than sorry. When I was looking I ended PPIing great looking 2 cars before I found the right one (and PPI'd the one I bought too). It is a bit galling to have spent the money for nothing but that is why you do them.

Good look with the hunt.

Much appreciated. I am a mechanic and have my eyes open. Plenty of Porsche experience behind me, so I'm fairly confident I know what I'm talking about. Having said this I'd feel more comfortable having a recent borescope conducted.

I'm tempted to consider a 3.6 instead, but let's see what comes up.... I'm in no rush.

Gixxer996 said:
I'm tempted to consider a 3.6 instead, but let's see what comes up.... I'm in no rush.
I have a 3.6 with just over 115,000 miles on it. There are fewer of them that lunch themselves agreed, however, that could be more a reflection the 3.8 was the most popular choice when new. Certainly in the UK, less so in Germany. Using the poll on this forum, although it's both .1 and .2 cars so not entirely scientific; 80% are 3.8, 20% are 3.6 excluding Turbo and GT cars.

If you're good with a spanner, have the time available, and don't need to drive something immediately . . . :bandit:

Good point. The general consensus is that the 3.6 is less at risk but then the 3.8 outsold the 3.6 by a ratio of 3:1 so that probably skews the anecdotal stats.

I'm sure Hartech said on facebook that they are seeing as many 3.6's now as 3.8's. Not sure if they mean as a percentage, I would guess so?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
concept303
Back