Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Racing Brake Lines & Fittings

DAVIDGT996

Silverstone
Does anybody know if the Racing brake lines & fittings are legal for road use?

Will it pass the MOT with the stainless steel braided type tube?

DAVIDGT996 said:
Does anybody know if the Racing brake lines & fittings are legal for road use?

Will it pass the MOT with the stainless steel braided type tube?

Well it certainly does over here, and they're fairly stringent - sometimes we are required to actually register 'changes to the chassis', with a special additional inspection, including control arms, lowering springs, dampers, wheels, etc., clear evidence of TUV approvals, and I've not had any inspector complain about braided brake lines.

Of course, it might be different in the UK, but from what I have seen to be apparently 'approved' at an MOT, it cannot be an issue.

My old crate has had Aeroquip Stainless braided flexibles fitted for the last 20 years of MOT`s. passed every one, and nothing has ever been hinted at.. :dont know:

Most of my cars have had braided brake hoses fitted, never had a problem with mot as long as theyre secured properly

One possible down side is that I suspect clamping off as with the standard flexible pipes is not something I might attempt with a braided hose..? Perhaps worth thinking about.. :?:

Racing Brake Lines

Only ask as saw this on Goodridge site

The brake line kits again are derived from the race-specification hose, modified to meet road approval, and come complete with a 'Forever Guarantee' card - the hoses directly replace the existing rubber hoses, and can be easily fitted during service or by the owner.

I've never heard of or had a problem at MOT. I've fitted them to several cars. The UK is relatively relaxed though so for the international market Goodridge may have to be more cautionary.

I wouldn't clamp any brake hose. I know you can get clamps for the purpose, but squashing any rubber hose flat, particularly one that isn't as flexible and fresh as the day it was new, risks cracking or other (invisible, internal) damage IMHO.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ors97
Back