Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Stainless steel brake lines 911. 996 Carrera 1999 model

Adekarter

I have corroded brake lines on my Porsche and need to replace in Stainless steel to prevent further issues. I would like to replace the lot and am told this is quite a common fault with this model. Please can you advise the best and hopefully reasonably priced replacement lines for my car.
Thanks
Robert

Never heard of stainless brake pipes, some people use copper but Kunifer is the stuff to go for.

A have a friend who has installed stainless brake lines on his custom car, though I am pretty sure that flaring the ends created a bit of a problem, I can`t remember how he did it.
As Maldren suggested Kunifer would seem the way to go if corrosion avoidance is the aim. On the other hand Kunifer is softer and more susceptible to crush damage than steel..

If you're looking at replacing them all with Stainless, be prepared that it'll be an engine out, gearbox out, steering rack out, etc, etc.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back