Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

R.I.P Worlds Fastest Boxster

FZP

Zandvoort
If we can all take a moment to share in the passing of an old friend, a true sports car and gave us almost 4 years of smiles.
What was expected to be a solenoid issue appears to be a chain tensioner issue. The effort to remove the engine and then strip it to confirm, is uneconomical.
It was a tough decision to pull the pin, but ultimately the right one. With a house move in 3 weeks, I don't have the time to put it on ebay, so it will be off to the dismantlers next week.
I took some pics to send around and had to move it, and it appears to run perfect. As soon as you add revs, it triggers the misfire. If someone has the time and inclination to keep it alive, drop me a PM.
The summers of roof down driving were so enjoyable. The Cotswolds in particular, were memorable. Its ability to keep up with more potent pork, surprising, hence the moniker of WFB. It would often be the car of choice when heading out. Easy to drive, economical on fuel when driven normally and a bucket of fun when driven spiritedly. Rain hail or shine, it was a joy.

So long old friend.
img_20210329_wa0008_290.jpg

What a shame. I would put a quick post on the Boxa Net forum as I’m sure you would get someone willing to take a punt on it.

so long

It would be sacrilege to scrap that car, you’d get a hell of a lot more for it at Copart, I hope you can find someone with diy skills to rescue it.

RIP…….the smiles it brought when we all hung back to let you take the lead where legendary ;-)

That car shifted. It easily put up a good fight against my leggy 996 leaving our monthly meets. There's been too much misery these last couple of months, roll on next year when some real fun will be had......hopefully!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kashmir
Back