Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Courtesy cars?

Kadafi39

Silverstone
Any one had anything decent to run around?

I gave my 991.2 Turbo to Porsche Leicester yesterday for its service and warranty renewal, I thought having a nice porsche to run around in should soften the blow of the quote.

Firstly they take my licence and come back a few mins later saying their system wont insure me as it showing I got a ban for speeding in the last 5 years, told them yes about 2 years ago. No worries, my father was with me anyway so I asked them to sort the Insurance in his name. All done and the service advisor comes out and takes us on to the forecourt. I wasn't expecting a turbo or anything, but maybe a nice Macan / Cayenne? Or some form of 992 Carrera?

They gave me an Audi A1 and apparently couldn't even insure me on that!!!!

OPC's vary.
Over the years I've been given Boxsters, Caymans, Macans and yes, Audi A1's.
I've never been precious about it, just take what I'm given.

pzero said:
OPC's vary.
Over the years I've been given Boxsters, Caymans, Macans and yes, Audi A1's.
I've never been precious about it, just take what I'm given.

Yeah I just expected something a little nicer tbh or them able to insure me on an A1!

Now the sun has come out and I have a lovely weekend with an A1 that I can't drive.

I took my Macan in for service in February and got a new reg Macan which was nice though it was the small engine one.

My wife's boss bought a brand new Macan GTS in April, he took it back to have a tow bar fitted and told my wife he would be getting a 992 GT3 touring as a loaner car. I said to my wife he's talking crap, he was because he got an Audi A3 as a loaner.

When I booked mine in with OPC Brooklands they were upfront at the time of booking that they don't run a fleet of Porsche Courtesy cars and that it would be an Audi A3 or a VW ID3. Didn't bother me too much.

I believe Porsche West London run a fleet of Porsche courtesy cars, normally Cayennes or Macan's but not 100% sure.

Mini, Boxster , Macan for me :D

Plumb said:
I took my Macan in for service in February and got a new reg Macan which was nice though it was the small engine one.

My wife's boss bought a brand new Macan GTS in April, he took it back to have a tow bar fitted and told my wife he would be getting a 992 GT3 touring as a loaner car. I said to my wife he's talking crap, he was because he got an Audi A3 as a loaner.

GT or Turbo models are very unlikely unless you have a significant purchasing history and multiple cars on order. Can't complain with a macan though and I bet the engine is much more capable than on the A1 I was given!

1675kg and it has a 999cc engine! I commute to work 100+ miles a day, on the motorway it is massively underpowered.

C320 said:
When I booked mine in with OPC Brooklands they were upfront at the time of booking that they don't run a fleet of Porsche Courtesy cars and that it would be an Audi A3 or a VW ID3. Didn't bother me too much.

I believe Porsche West London run a fleet of Porsche courtesy cars, normally Cayennes or Macan's but not 100% sure.

I would have appreciated if they were upfront about it as it would have managed my expectations. However I was told if I need a courtesy than the lead time for booking would be over a month so I waited and was thinking I would be given something more capable than a 1 litre A1!

Kadafi39 said:
C320 said:

I would have appreciated if they were upfront about it as it would have managed my expectations. However I was told if I need a courtesy than the lead time for booking would be over a month so I waited and was thinking I would be given something more capable than a 1 litre A1!

Totally agree, also the run around it sounds like you had with the Insurance is a pain too!

Think yourself lucky... I booked mine in for a service with OPC Reading 5 weeks before it was due and was told if I wanted a courtesy car I'd have to wait an additional month! :eek:

Never had a problem - in the last 10 yrs I've had Caymans, a Boxster, a Panamera and a Cayenne provided by Cambridge OPC. However, I have to say that I would have preferred an A1 to the Cayenne!

718 Boxters and Macans but never anything with more than 4 cylinders for me..

10 years ago they always put you in something better so you would possibly consider an upgrade.

Now at both Hatfield and West London its Macan's only.

Perhaps at non Porsche owned OPC's they use A1's etc

Radish said:
Never had a problem - in the last 10 yrs I've had Caymans, a Boxster, a Panamera and a Cayenne provided by Cambridge OPC. However, I have to say that I would have preferred an A1 to the Cayenne!

:floor:

I've had Caymans and Boxsters from Tonbridge OPC in the past for odd days but when my car was with them for 3 weeks they lent me a Macan. It was only a basic, small engined example but I loved it so much that I did 700 miles in it in 2 weeks. They needed it back for a customer demo so swopped it for a Cayenne. I drove that home and left it parked on my drive for the week. :wink:

T8 said:
Radish said:

:floor:

I've had Caymans and Boxsters from Tonbridge OPC in the past for odd days but when my car was with them for 3 weeks they lent me a Macan. It was only a basic, small engined example but I loved it so much that I did 700 miles in it in 2 weeks. They needed it back for a customer demo so swopped it for a Cayenne. I drove that home and left it parked on my drive for the week. :wink:

Interesting that you preferred the macan over the cayenne! It was the other way round for me, I decided if I was going to get a big SUV it might as well be the biggest one!

Any reason why you gelled with the Macan so much more?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back