Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCM Stuck - Top 2 cams missing/broken

where.is.lee

Hi all,

I've been struggling to remove my PCM 2.0 to install the MR 12volt bluetooth kit as the top 2 cams that retract the prongs/pins are broken or missing. As the plastic surrounding frame is in the way of seeing these pins I am unable to use a screwdriver or any tool to easily push the pins in to clear the plastic frame and slide the PCM 2.0 out. Has anyone successfully overcome this before without hacking things apart?

Thanks in advance!

A little late to respond but the best way to get it out is pull off the horseshoe and unplug all the buttons, then unscrew the torx screws that hold the radio frame/surround in the dash.

The PCM is attached only to this plastic frame so the entire thing will be free as a PCM in the frame. Get your hand round the back and release all the connections and the entire thing will pull out where you can easily unscrew the radio from the frame.

Getting the PCM out while it's in the car will almost always result in the plastic cams falling out into some unknown crevice unless you get really lucky. The PCCM+ can only be installed and removed by this method.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhaApex
Back