Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Double DIN and amp install - Bose and MOST 996 Turbo

How did you get the rca leads from the battery compartment into the boot? I have gone through the same large grommet behind the battery, but I'm struggling to find a route into the boot. I don't want to have to drill through the bulkhead.

veearrsix said:
How did you get the rca leads from the battery compartment into the boot? I have gone through the same large grommet behind the battery, but I'm struggling to find a route into the boot. I don't want to have to drill through the bulkhead.

You can see in the picture below the grey and purple leads behind the amp going through a grommet. It was the only compromise I had to make as the power cable goes through the lower section of the same grommet but I haven't had any issues with alternator noise as a result.

IMG_1369.JPG

I have the same install and found this extremely helpful.

I ran the power over to the right to get some distance in place, but have alternator whine, so will have to mess around a bit to try and get rid of it.

HI
Awesome post and info. Would you mind if i met up with you at some point in the future when I next drive up to London so have a listen and nose at what you have done?

Cheers

Attachments

• lake_pic_med_219.jpg
    lake_pic_med_219.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 26,491
Well bad said:
HI
Awesome post and info. Would you mind if i met up with you at some point in the future when I next drive up to London so have a listen and nose at what you have done?

Cheers

Sure no problem, I work from home in St Albans so am normally around unless visiting client sites.

Hi - Thanks for this guide, it has inspired me to do this to my C4S when it arrives, I have done something similar in the past to my last 996 but it did not have BOSE so I am relatively familiar with some of the process, well aged memory permitting !

The thing that is new to me is the BOSE, I understand the principle of what you say here but not the specifics of actually how to re-wire from 1 to 2 ohms.

Rewiring is required as the subs are 1 ohm impedence and run in parallel. Simply rewire the subs to be in series (2 ohm) which is within my Kenwood amp specs.

Could you explain how this is done please ?

Hi, hopefully this should help explain the rewire:

parallel-series.gif

So instead of the amp + going to each speaker + and the amp - going to each speaker -, you go amp + to speaker A +, then speaker A - to speaker B +, then speaker B - to amp -

That's a great explanation thank you very much :D

Did you have any concerns tapping the HAVAC switched live, any load worries or anything ?

Also any tips for tapping into it / splicing into it ?

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
e46m3
Back