Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ohlins 996? - Saftety Issue - Don't use car

Spinner said:
No, I don't think anybody has heard anything, not even an update. Clearly they must be testing stuff out and preparing a plan, will be expensive whatever it is.

It's annoying as I am not sure of the Insurance situation on the road or track if you have received a warning like this......anyone?

If you continue to use the car after having this recall notification and you have any sort of accident you can get your Insurance will know about it and not pay out.

isysman said:
If you continue to use the car after having this recall notification and you have any sort of accident you can get your Insurance will know about it and not pay out.

They won't unless you tell them.

What would happen, of course, is if you injure yourself then try to pursue a claim against Ohlins you'd be left peeing in the wind.

Ohlins have now issued an update.

Basically there is a compatibility issue between strut and top mount and so the front struts are being recalled with new ones which resolve the issue to be distributed foc.

arry said:
isysman said:

They won't unless you tell them.

What would happen, of course, is if you injure yourself then try to pursue a claim against Ohlins you'd be left peeing in the wind.

I think that's quite naive to think if you were driving a car that crashed because of faulty suspension that the Insurance wouldn't know about a suspension recall.

ZeroH said:
Ohlins have now issued an update.

Basically there is a compatibility issue between strut and top mount and so the front struts are being recalled with new ones which resolve the issue to be distributed foc.

Yes I've also had a message through from Ohlins with a pdf explaining the issue. I'll try to post it here.

Bottom line is They will send new front struts to all who have the faulty ones for replacement. I'm going to be changing mine though so contact me if you are interested in buying a set of coil overs (front ones are brand new!)

I noticed they put the wrong model on the form (991).

I'm told the parts should be with my garage by end of January.

I love the gobbledegook explanation of 'What is the problem'

We screwed up, the top pin might break and the wheel could fall off.

Who pays the labour to swap out their faulty unit?

So tractive dampers available for both 996 and 997 turbo

at circa £3k + vat via 9e for tractive shocks. Circa £1k+vat fitting

Then choice of DSC box or standalone which is basically 2 modes vs 5 modes £1k plus vat. For 996 turbo you'd also need the wiring bits too and its an interesting retrofit option.

Happy to ask Ken if a group buy option available if enough interest.

IMI A said:
So tractive dampers available for both 996 and 997 turbo

at circa £3k + vat via 9e for tractive shocks. Circa £1k+vat fitting

Then choice of DSC box or standalone which is basically 2 modes vs 5 modes £1k plus vat. For 996 turbo you'd also need the wiring bits too and its an interesting retrofit option.

Happy to ask Ken if a group buy option available if enough interest.

Ken contacted me last night, gave me some info on it. Like the idea of more settings and going the whole hog but not sure I'd need five settings as I don't track the car. But I'm certainly going ahead with this, just have to see if my usual guys can fit it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhaApex
Back