Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ohlins 997? - Safety issue - don't use car

Spinner

Trainee
Hi All,

I have been advised of the following safety issue regarding Ohlins R&T suspension which I have on my car. It sounds quite serious and they are advising people not to use their car. I don't have any background other than this and am awaiting advice myself.

For the sake of safety please consider the below.

It is unclear to me whether this is a 4WD only car issue or not but the part numbers listed below seem to imply this. Mine is a 996 4S but now 2WD but I don't think that has an impact on things.

*Mods - if this is better placed in another section please move and excuse the novice post, trying to be helpful! Also posted in 996 section*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Dear customer,

We are contacting you because of an issue found with the following Porsche Suspensions kits;

POZ MN02 (Porsche 911 996 4WD) and POZ MN05 (Porsche 911 997 4WD).

Please identify all your customers that bought one of these kits and inform them not to use their car.

We also ask you to send us an overview of how many of your customers you are able to reach directly,

so that we can understand if additional measures are needed to reach the end user.

A problem has been found with the front dampers that is believed to be safety critical.

We cannot give more details at present, but can assure you that we are working as quickly as possible

to send you a formal notice, with further details and a solution.

Please respond to this message and confirm you have acted on this important request.

We apologies for the inconvenience this will cause and thank you in advance for your

cooperation – the end customer's safety is our first priority.

Mit freundlichen GrüàŸen / Best regards,

(Name Removed by Poster for Confidentiality)

Product Sales Manager – Auto Motorsport & ACE

à–DTC"

Useful info - I think quite a few ppl here have Ohlins shocks.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhaApex
Back