Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ohlins 996? - Saftety Issue - Don't use car

Spinner

Trainee
Hi All,

I have been advised of the following safety issue regarding Ohlins R&T suspension which I have on my car. It sounds quite serious and they are advising people not to use their car. I don't have any background other than this and am awaiting advice myself.

For the sake of safety please consider the below.

It is unclear to me whether this is a 4WD only car issue or not but the part numbers listed below seem to imply this. Mine is a 4S but now 2WD but I don't think that has an impact on things.

*Mods - if this is better placed in another section please move and excuse the novice post, trying to be helpful!*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Dear customer,

We are contacting you because of an issue found with the following Porsche Suspensions kits;

POZ MN02 (Porsche 911 996 4WD) and POZ MN05 (Porsche 911 997 4WD).

Please identify all your customers that bought one of these kits and inform them not to use their car.

We also ask you to send us an overview of how many of your customers you are able to reach directly,

so that we can understand if additional measures are needed to reach the end user.

A problem has been found with the front dampers that is believed to be safety critical.

We cannot give more details at present, but can assure you that we are working as quickly as possible

to send you a formal notice, with further details and a solution.

Please respond to this message and confirm you have acted on this important request.

We apologies for the inconvenience this will cause and thank you in advance for your

cooperation – the end customer's safety is our first priority.

Mit freundlichen GrüàŸen / Best regards,

(Name Removed by Poster for Confidentiality)

Product Sales Manager – Auto Motorsport & ACE

à–DTC"

Yes I've been informed of this today also - seems like it affects 4wd 996 and 997 ohlins r&t .... "safety critical" apparently !

I suspect Ohlins are gonna have a chunky bill to recover all cars with this fitted, repair, re-geo, and then return.

I await further details.

Ohlins safety recall

I have received this today via CoG and it does apply to only the 4-wheel drive kits. Mine are the POZ MN02 fitted on a MY2000 996 tt.
I think the issue is around the way the fronts are connected and interface with the top mount. Mine have never been quite right.

Hopefully, Ohlins will respond quickly with a modification.

Donald

Ohlins urgent safety recall

I dont have this kit but have just received this email from nine excellence and thought I shoudl post it here in case anyone bought this kit direct and didnt get a notification.

We are contacting you because we have just been informed by Ohlin's of an issue found with the following Porsche suspension kits: POZ MN02 (Porsche 911 996 4WD) and POZ MN05 (Porsche 911 997 4WD) that is believed to be safety critical and advise that you do not use your vehicle.

We cannot give more details at present, but can assure you that we are working as quickly as possible to send you a formal notice, with further details and a solution. thank you in advance for your cooperation – the end customer's safety is our first priority.

if you have this suspension kit fitted, you are concerned about your vehicle or know anyone with the kit fitted we ask that you contact us via [email protected] or 01293226911 we will be happy to advise and investigate.

Just spoke to the guys I bought mine from at Design911 who said

' We are waiting for instructions from Ohlin's

They have stated there may have a problem but not yet told use what to do

Problem with front shocks POZ MN02 (Porsche 911 996 4WD) and POZ MN05 (Porsche 911 997 4WD)."

I suppose we just have to wait.

Sorry if this is a silly question..

Are these aftermarket parts that might be fitted to some cars or are they OEM parts manufactured by this company that will therefore affect all cars that are listed ?

Thanks

A friend of mine with a 997 turbo had a problem with Ohlins back in May 2018, both front units snapped the damper rods. If this is the same issue it`s been going on a long time :dont know:

I was called by my installer, Fearnsport, this morning advising me to have the car flat-bedded to them asap. A 'do not drive the car' notice has been issued, apparently.

So this confirms what 9e has said also.

Urgent News! Ohlins safety recall! 996 and 997 - Dont drive

Had an email from Ken and the Team at Nine Excellence

URGENT

OHLINS

SAFETY RECALL

Dear customers,

We are contacting you because we have just been informed by Ohlin's of an issue found with the following Porsche suspension kits: POZ MN02 (Porsche 911 996 4WD) and POZ MN05 (Porsche 911 997 4WD) that is believed to be safety critical and advise that you do not use your vehicle.

We cannot give more details at present, but can assure you that we are working as quickly as possible to send you a formal notice, with further details and a solution. thank you in advance for your cooperation – the end customer's safety is our first priority.

if you have this suspension kit fitted, you are concerned about your vehicle or know anyone with the kit fitted we ask that you contact us via [email protected] or 01293226911 we will be happy to advise and investigate.

Nine Excellence Team.

I have Ohlins on my 997. Will be interesting to find out the issue.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhaApex
Back