Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Not sure about buying this Boxster in this current climate

Been looking at 991.1/2 GT3 RS prices over the last few weeks and the premiums that dealers were asking for on the .2 seem to be evaporating, to the point now where the .2 cars are more or less where the .1 cars were a few years ago.
If this is the case and dealers start shifting them at cira £160 k then we can only assume that the .1 cars are going to drop to about £100 k.

Just looking on P/H's alone there are 58 991 GT3 RS for sale in every colour combination you could want.

I think patience is the name of the game, wait and see where prices go in the next few weeks when and if the dealerships start opening up again.
The thing is in all these financial crashes there may be a minority who will lose their shirts but there will also be a another minority who make a shed load of money out of the uncertainty in the financial markets. Lets not forget interest rates are low and the banks coffers are stuffed with Government cash, or should that be our cash!

easternjets said:
Just looking on P/H's alone there are 58 991 GT3 RS for sale in every colour combination you could want.

Not a surprise. There is no getting away from the fact that they made a lot more 991RSs than any previous iteration and once you take some of the speculators out of the equation : it is very much is niche item. :dont know:

Chaps, so to revive this thread, I'm still having doubts about buying the new Boxster. All the same reasons still apply but also this issue with the particle filters fitted making them very quiet and I heard they are developing 'cameras' that also listen for noise pollution and we will get fines for making a car any louder than they come from the factory.

Love the noise my 981 makes I'd hate to lose that.

Also still need to get a practical car AND I want to do more mods to the 911. Plus house needs new bathroom and kitchen.

So I'm back to cancel the Boxster and buy a used Cayenne or Macan.

Thoughts?

All the same reasons still apply but also this issue with the particle filters fitted making them very quiet and I heard they are developing 'cameras' that also listen for noise pollution and we will get fines for making a car any louder than they come from the factory.

This will be giving Phil cold sweats :nooo:

easternjets said:
All the same reasons still apply but also this issue with the particle filters fitted making them very quiet and I heard they are developing 'cameras' that also listen for noise pollution and we will get fines for making a car any louder than they come from the factory.

This will be giving Phil cold sweats :nooo:

I should point out it's only for new cars.

Selling your 911 will haunt you forever. It's been a labour of love and you'll only pass all that on to the next owner. Go ahead with your 1st idea...

Norfolk & Idea said:
Selling your 911 will haunt you forever. It's been a labour of love and you'll only pass all that on to the next owner. Go ahead with your 1st idea...

I'm not planning to sell the 911. I thought about very briefly but soon got over that.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdowrick
Back