Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Not sure about buying this Boxster in this current climate

T
We are all in agreement, the RS remains. The 981 should stay, so it's just down to what colour the Macan needs to be.

Sponge told me to say 'yellow" :roll:

jonttt said:
Sponge told me to say 'yellow" :roll:

:hand: A Macao's boring, silver or black :thumb:

Sell the house, get one with a bigger garage. Don't sell the GT2 RS. You'll never have anything like it again and won't get back what you spent on it. If you play it right you can downsize the house, upsize the garage,and have money left for some engine tweaks on the GT2 RS.

MC

Personally I'd do nothing at the moment until this virus is behind us.

There are going to be some great used car's coming up for sale after all this and those with banked money to spend could be onto some real bargains.

patpending said:

There are going to be some great used car's coming up for sale after all this and those with banked money to spend could be onto some real bargains.

Not so sure. The heavily leveraged cars might drop, but plenty of people have money in cars who are in no rush. The promise of a quick dip and recovery will put many who don't need to off selling. Bubbles might burst, but the larger groundswell of cars might stall a little, but not collapse.

MC

MisterCorn said:
patpending said:

Not so sure. The heavily leveraged cars might drop, but plenty of people have money in cars who are in no rush. The promise of a quick dip and recovery will put many who don't need to off selling. Bubbles might burst, but the larger groundswell of cars might stall a little, but not collapse.

MC

^^ This.... Yes, the trade will be keen for business but there'll be nowt being given away.

Sorry chaps for not replying. I only occasionally get notifications so I didn't see that anyone had comented.

Disco, thanks for your post. Really interesting. There is no way I will sell the 911, I posted this thread just after my ear was getting bashed by my missus.

It's really disappointing that she doesn't share my passion for my cars or motorsports. She doesn't even want to pretend like most women do! How rude!!

I am in talks with 9e about getting some more power from that awesome engine so that's looking likely at some point later in the year.

As for the Boxster, I have time to decide. Looks like I may be in Germany when the car is due for delivery so it might be a jaunt down to Stuttgart to collect!

Or I will opt to keep my current 981 and get a more practical daily such as a used Cayenne etc.

FZP said:
T
We are all in agreement, the RS remains. The 981 should stay, so it's just down to what colour the Macan needs to be.

I'll tell me lady I was out-voted! Haha

I've been driving back to back 991.2 turbo s cab. 992 C4S cab. 600LT.

Probably up to 1000 miles in each car back to back with 1000 miles in my 997.1 turbo.

At the prices all of the newer cars going for (some virtually better than free finance like the 600LT finance deal where you pay only 50% of the real depreciation over 24 months) still keeping 997.1 just based on her drive. Was getting jealous of SWMBO with a cab.

997.1 perfect sweet spot for road you'd be brave to sell yours after all that effort. Like you I run two cars a 993 and 997. Chalk and cheese and the contrast is brill. The thing with the 997 and 993 you drive them according to your mood with the manual box. The others are kill bots that do everything fast or faster. Very tempting though with used prices falling through the floor to deal and buy something. I feel the same way twiddling thumbs ready to do something completely different!

Attachments

• 1z2yv5mzs4e0percent9ypercentvtalag_thumb_c96b_200.jpg
    1z2yv5mzs4e0percent9ypercentvtalag_thumb_c96b_200.jpg
    305.5 KB · Views: 4,187
  • 715a2838_06be_43b5_8707_8a0be94dd3e8_555.jpg
    715a2838_06be_43b5_8707_8a0be94dd3e8_555.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 4,187
  • 496f89b5_d69a_41bb_8991_2cc6589c620d_170.jpg
    496f89b5_d69a_41bb_8991_2cc6589c620d_170.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 4,187
  • unadjustednonraw_thumb_d846_885.jpg
    unadjustednonraw_thumb_d846_885.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 4,187
lovely pics on this thread

as for used car price drops, I look at autotrader and prices for 991Turbo S and 570S Mclarens don't seem to have changed much over the last 3 months.
Im looking for 991.2 Turbo S and they seem to be stuck at 100k since feb

So as of now which cars have actually crashed in value?

:hand: It's a brave man that takes on a McLaren judging by depreciation. They seem to drop lower than MC Hammer's crotch :what: Are they actually selling any new ones?

Opportunity here for main dealers to falsely freeze values pre Covid-19. They can afford to hold their stock so have no desire to sell them off cheap whereas the independents/smaller garages may have no option to maintain cash turnover :nooo:

DONT SELL THE 911

Hi

Just my view.

Only sell the 911 turbo RS if you don't enjoy driving it or looking at it any more.
You put a lot of work and ££ into that car.

If I was in your position I would buy a used Macan and not buy the boxster just use the 911 more simple.

I thought about selling my 997.1 turbo but I know I will never have that amount of money again to buy one again, although I look at it more than drive it.

Don't forget to to give us all updated about what happens when Ken adds his magic to the 997 turbo RS.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

IMI thanks for the comments. I love the look of the 600LT, looks savage!

I really do fancy a Macca, but it wouldn't fit in. I'm replacing my Boxster or that's the plan. A daily car that I use to go to supermarket etc. Imagine going to Tesco in a 600LT? Haha

To answer some other comments, 'Use the 911 more', that is the plan, although I made such a good version of the GT2RS that it now drives and feels like a GT2RS! Who knew that would happen??

:dont know:

So it's rather stiff and noisy for daily use and I'm terrified of leaving it anywhere (supermarkets, hotels etc.). I know it's silly but that's the way I am now. But I will try harder.

I am talking to Ken at 9e about a power upgrade so watch out for that.

I have looked at a 991 Turbo Cab as a solution, plus a 991.2S cab also. But after owning a 997 Cab I'm not sure as I haven't driven the new cars. If the are anything like the 997 cab I won't like them.

TurboSandGT4 said:
lovely pics on this thread

as for used car price drops, I look at autotrader and prices for 991Turbo S and 570S Mclarens don't seem to have changed much over the last 3 months.
Im looking for 991.2 Turbo S and they seem to be stuck at 100k since feb

So as of now which cars have actually crashed in value?

GT3, GT3 RS, can't see much else has moved, you're right turbos haven't. I haven't looked at 'other' super or hyper cars but presumably some of them have :dont know:
Cheapo 5 k cars haven't moved either!

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
white981gt4
Back