Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Noise from passenger side air vent

Prontogara

Hi.

997.1 4s 2006

Sitting waiting to go into work this morning and quietly questioning my life choices, when I noticed a faint noise from the passenger side air vent, sounded a little like a quiet whistle. I sat for 5 mins before having to go in to work and It was still doing it. Ignition was off and key was out.

Could it be a leaking coolant or Aircon pipe?

Any help appreciated

Malcolm

My Air Con is a little noisy on occasion, with a kind of whistling too. Its working fine though. No big deal for me.

Rather strange as the car was not running at the time .. if it was an a/c leak .. you will have an inop a/c system by now .. i dont think its this .

No coolant related items there and being in the car the carpet would be wet .

The air intake is in that area .. i'm wondering if it's just wind blowing across the car .

deMort said:
Rather strange as the car was not running at the time .. if it was an a/c leak .. you will have an inop a/c system by now .. i dont think its this .

No coolant related items there and being in the car the carpet would be wet .

The air intake is in that area .. i'm wondering if it's just wind blowing across the car .

The a/c does appear to need recharging as not very cold the half day we had in Scotland so far above 18 degrees. No wind as parked in secluded car park (hiding at work)

Just worried it's a coolant issue as a total pain plus expensive. Hoping to do some suspension changes and cosmetic upgrades so would put them on the back burner

Check the coolant lvl .. if its dropped then a leak somewhere .. if you have a pressure test kit .. £50 from ebay then use that .. a/c low .. many places it can leak from ..

Basically if coolant or a/c i would expect the center vent to be hearing a noise from .. to be honest though i have not come across this before and a coolant heater matrix leaking on one of these would be pretty damn rare .

If it is the evaporator which is the a/c " convertor " thats leaking then its expensive .. dash out job .. but again .. i've never seen this and i'm dubious to say the least that this is the cause .

For now .. i don't know but i dont think its a/c or coolant .

It would be interesting to see if you hear the noise again .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPD
Back