Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Cabrio roof and rubbers

Jazman

Can anyone recommend someone in the South West I'm about an hour from Exeter on Exmoor that can replace the roof a d rubbers on my 2005 997 C2S.

I need someone to check it out first to see if it needs a new canvas. I've cleaned it up and looks a lot better however I've notice the rubbers above the rear windows have split and the canvass inside has pulled apart and just looks messy. Not sure if this can be repaired and rubbers replaced it whether it's cost effective to replace the whole thing.

Thanks in advance.

Jared

I don't know if Jack Smith has done 997s before but he did my S2000 really well and for about half the price of the nearest competitor. He's in Swansea which isn't close, but might be worth a call. Would be interested to know how you get on as we've got a few cabrio owners on here who will need work doing eventually!

Cabrio roof and rubbers

Thanks mate

Looks really solid and has great reviews. Swansea actually really easy for me as my family are there. Will give him a shout and let the forum know how I get on. I think the canvas is pretty solid (my opinion ). But I know a couple of the rubbers are split so hopefully I can get away with the canvas. I've struggled to find just replacement rubbers hence would rather leave to the pros.

Cheers for your help

The inner roof liner, outer canvas and rubbers are 3 separate parts. Fitting a new roof doesn't include new roof liner or rubbers.

Cabrio roof and rubbers

Ahhh I see. Not had a convertible before so just assumed it was all done together. I think the actual outer roof lining is in really good condition. It's the inner lining I'm not so happy with as parts separate when the roof goes down and doesn't line back up properly when I close the roof. Just looks shoddy. I can see where the fabric has been glued and the Velcro shows.

Thanks think you have probably saved me some serious money there.

Suppose next question is. Is it easy to get the inner lining and rubbers. Who are the best suppliers ?

Thanks all really appreciate your knowledge on this

Probably have to buy those from Porsche. But if I were you I'd get a proper diagnosis as to what is actually wrong with it. The liner is a total separate part and has to be independent from the outer canvas in places otherwise it'd tear when it folds. There might be nothing wrong with how it is - need to see photos. There are supposed to be gaps at the side that do look a bit wrong.

Cabrio roof

Thanks mate. Will post some pics later today. May just need a tidy up. Def think I need two small rubbers that are above the rear window. But if the rest can just be tidied up it saves me a load of money.

Thanks will post pics this afternoon

Jared

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pands
Back