Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My new 997.1 turbo

welcome to the turbo club (as a new member myself)-lovely car

Then what do you think of the performance -how are you managing the "2 seconds away from losing your license" phenomena that comes with these cars.... :judge:

You know I always say these cars are expensive used but when you think what a rugged and robust platform you're buying and actually look at the le mans proven hardware you're buying which is basically exactly the same engine as a 997 GT2 RS they do not seem so expensive. I think about selling but every time I take for a drive forget about it in a flash. You're basically a couple of GT2 RS VTG turbos and 9e tune away from 0-300kph in 23 secs which is ridiculous.

OP congrats. Don't ask Harry's son what he thought of the 9e 28 power kit equipped car when he took for a drive last year or you'll be getting your wallet emptied lol. Bought a car from those guys for a friend. Very nice to deal with both father and son.

Thanks for the comments.

To answer some questions...

Yes - standard exhaust. It's not quite got the sound of my 996 cab which I used to drop a gear or two and rev thro underpasses! That said I'm not inclined to want to change the exhaust - I'm still (only 2nd week in!) enjoying it as it is.

Yes - it's a brute. I need to learn how to drive it and not lose my licence. I got a bit of a shock when I put it in sports mode and the turbo boost kicked in (as did my 16 year old daughter)!!

Yes - a step up from my 996. Not planned & the biggest most impulsive spend I've ever made. I'm now financed to the hilt but driving with a bigger smile on my face. My wife wasn't 'on board' with the decision but let me get on with it. She then drove it last weekend and I could tell she was enjoying it when I couldn't keep up with her! I think she's now beginning to understand why I went for it.

Colours - if you'd asked me beforehand I wouldn't have gone for triple black. All a bit drug dealer-ish but I immediately liked the look of it when I saw it - still do thankfully!

Coupe - my last 3 cars have been cabs and I only have the roof up when it's raining so this is a big change for me. I'm trusting the sunroof open & windows down will give me a little of what I used to have along with the benefits of a coupe.

Tip - need to get used to it. I floor it to overtake ease back in & take my foot off & it's still revving high in 3rd wanting to race when I'm wanting to ease back. Perhaps I put it in 'manual' or learn the tips characteristics.

As others have said, looks great and has a good stance. Not mad keen on black on black rims but they have a nice style and the yellow calipers break it up.

When your wanting to overtake, don't floor it just click it down a gear with the buttons and it'll pass most things! I'ts one of the few cars where the Tip box is easier to live with as the car just picks up and goes when it's on boost. Remember you get a 10 sec overboost in Sport mode which really does make the heart beat faster!
Enjoy

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kashmir
Back