Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Looking for a 991.1 GTS ( ideally a manual)

johncook

Hi,

looking at a 991 GTS (most likely a 991.1), ideally manual but not against a PDK. Prices seem to be 70-80k mark.

driven a lot of older porsches, boxster S, 996 and 997's and enjoy a manual. Even tried a Taycan recently but not ready to give up on the ICE.

Currently in an M2 competition (DCT) on ohlins / camber plates which is a lot of fun but I think the GTS would be a nice step up all round.

Is the manual a bit overrated in the 991 GTS as they seem pretty rare?

Are the centrelock wheels a real pain for changing tyres?

any other things to look out for?.

thanks

JC

Mainly over revs, service history and MOT history. These will give an indication of how well they are cared for. Centre locks in good hands should not not be an issue.
My advice is PDK :grin:

:welcome: to 911uk.

First up the 991.1 GTS went out of production in 2014/15, so is likely to have older tech compared to the M2 Comp. DCT superior to 991.1 PDK?

Yes, there were fewer manual 991.1 GTS's produced so this could lengthen your search and you may have to compromise with spec/colour?

Centrelocks - most, if not all Porsche independents will have the necessary kit.

Look out for examples that have been modified, this is only a concern if you're contemplating putting a Porsche approved warranty on it.

As above, usual due diligence with service history and condition.

thanks guys,

yes the idrive / apple car play in the M2 comp will be a bit newer than the 991.1, am hoping this can be added.

I think PDK probably better than the M DCT though.

Having recently owned a bmw M with DCT and now in a 991.1 GTS with PDK I personally feel the PDK even on the 991.1 is in a different league compared to the bmw.
Good luck with your search,I see you are based not that far from me. Chester OPC are very good so I'm told. Don't waste your time at Wilmslow.
Camerons have two 991.1 PDK GTS in stock.Black and silver I believe.

Sweet said:
Having recently owned a bmw M with DCT and now in a 991.1 GTS with PDK I personally feel the PDK even on the 991.1 is in a different league compared to the bmw.
Good luck with your search,I see you are based not that far from me. Chester OPC are very good so I'm told. Don't waste your time at Wilmslow.

Can't agree more . Wilmslow and Nottingham were hopeless when I made an enquiry recently ( same family I suspect)

Sweet said:

Yes, Chester are really good. Went to test drive a taycan and they just said take it and come back later!

Will have a look at Camerons.

Ashgoods has got some

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeilHarbidge
Back