Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted WTB 993 - Riviera Blue or Speed Yellow, ideally RHD

For classified adverts, seeking cars, parts and products.

Grungeisdead

Hey dudes, looking at the title, don't we all xD

I am looking at purchase my first aircooled 911, I'm open to anything really but in the 993 market my ideal is

Riv blue / speed yellow
Non turbo or genuine RS ( out of budget )
Coupe or targa
Manually ideally but I am coming round to the idea of a tip
C2/c4 s or not, I'm okay with any. C4 appeals for using it all year round
Modifications welcome

I have the chance to get a very nice 993 SY '95. LHD jap import RS kitted and badged by Mizwa Japan. Non sunroof shell. C2, grey leather interior, 6 speed manual. £85k 73000km. I'd need to do nothing to it bad a service and enjoy

There is one LHD over at motorhub. £59k tiptronic. It's an SY and had the right look. Keighley is round the corner from me, but also it's motorhub in keighley, proper rough traders. Lots of nice cars but it's some kind of racket, so it probably isn't worth touching it with a barge pole.

There are a few SY's on the continent but bring in 20% vat, and if I go further afield it's an extra 10% duty

Fastclassics had a lovely rs evocation for 80k a couple years back, it was ideal

https://images.app.goo.gl/sBAaJwYzZTtT8zZn9

Just wasn't in a position to buy them as I had lent my dad the car budget to clear off his mortgage. Now he is happily enjoying retirement and I've filled up the budget again.

£85k is the top of my budget, I could stretch but it eats into my buffer zone of cash kept in reserve for work on the car.

I can move some other cars I own on, to help make that number higher but really would like to avoid overreaching.

Should i just not be concerned with LHD, owned LHD cars before and they were a pain at barriers/pay booths, but I'm spending a lot of money and although I hear people saying LHD is better as designed, realistically RHD is more normal for me, and especially the wife as she will be passenger and she already dislikes my driving muchly

Anyway if you know of any riv blue or speed yellow 993s non cabs please let me know

I also don't mind a painted car, as long as it's good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Pastel Yellow any good? 1997 car, 41.5k miles, listed at £70k, Hardback seats, with a bunch of 'X' factory options:

X48 Carbon Tiptronic gear lever.
X56 Carbon dashboard trim (instrument surround and passenger side).
X57 Carbon door trims.
X58 Carbon handbrake lever.
X70 Stainless steel door entry guards.
X71 Aluminium look instrument dials with chromed rings.
X77 Carbon steering wheel with leather covered airbag module.

IMG_0782-1.jpg

https://www.williamscrawford.co.uk/...tiptronic-s-1997/#1471324819573-67a1584a-b8f1

Another, though in Black, 1996, 120k miles, quite a bit under your budget at £55k:
(it may have been up on auction sites recently (looks familiar) so would need to be checked out)
https://www.hpcclassics.co.uk/product-page/1994-porsche-911-targa-manual

No affiliation to either :).

If you're patient (and happy to wait years) a Riviera Blue may pop up :thumbs:.

Appreciate the help my friend, I have both on my watch list :)

The pastel yellow is at William Crawford, the guy there is a legend, he offered me a trip down there, and a go in all the different year air cooled to get a feel for them all, so I have been thinking about taking the old man on a day trip to try some out.

I saw the pastel yellow as soon as it came up, it looks in really really top condition, I really like the X options.

Pastel is too pale for me really. I have a yellow car, as does the wife. She won't let me polish hers as she loves how its faded to a pale colour. I can't cope haha.

If it was a manual, I would probably forgoe that and have bought it already. But as it's a tip, and I love the RS/GT2 look (without the bolted on arches, I couldn't bring myself to cutting up a nice shell), it looks too clean for me, to sticking a wing, or duckbill on.

The black one, I keep having to double take it because it just looks like a coupe. The mods are nice, love the techart kit. The interior colour isn't for me, although that could be changed. It does keep coming down in price. The fact it hasn't sold makes me think there is something wrong with it, and it's too far away to have a look at for something that doesn't tick all my boxes.

Depends on how much wiggle room the seller has, as it could always be painted down the line, I plan to keep hold of whatever I buy forever.

I've got a restored 1980's SC lined up, so that will reduce my budget until I do shift some of my other cars to a max of 50 which makes the black targa look more appealing

Grungeisdead said:
Thanks all!

I've found one now, collecting Monday all being well!

Lets see some pictures!

Grungeisdead said:
There is one LHD over at motorhub. £59k tiptronic. It's an SY and had the right look. Keighley is round the corner from me, but also it's motorhub in keighley, proper rough traders. Lots of nice cars but it's some kind of racket, so it probably isn't worth touching it with a barge pole.

I think you've answered your own question there chum.

You're looking for a model where there are few for sale and then the most obscure colours neither of which were popular when the 993 was new.

I'd scope wider and then look to have the car painted in the colour you want. For a full paint job of the shell there won't be much change from £15k but it offers you the chance to get hold of a car to work on.

Form memory there's a SY Japan import that was discussed don here several years ago. The advice at the time was to 'run away" so do your due diligence on what you're offered

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashton911
Back