Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 C2 Refurbishment

Brilliant! Much better with pics :thumb:

Personally I prefer the original steering wheel. The Fuchs are lovely :thumbs:

Interesting, thank you. I love the design of the original steering wheel, even more so after looking at the before and after pictures. It was a combination of the colour (just a little too much) and the size that prompted me to change it.

Glad you like the (road) wheels. I'm really happy with them. When polishing the car the polar silver has always reminded me of bare metal and the anodised aluminium wheels just emphasise that for me.

I like all 5 wheels you have fitted. :thumbs:

Silver suits the car so well. The interior is punchy but of it's time.

A long time since I've updated this thread but my 964 is finally home after an extended stay at the body shop. The rust in the usual places around the windscreen has all been cut out and repaired, as has that between the front wings and scuttle. There was some bubbling on the rear quarter just above the offside light and around the rear window, all now fixed. Various small dents from car doors and an inattentive scooter rider who managed to inspect my rear spoiler a little too closely on the A14 also attended to.

Glass out re-spray in the original Polar Silver and new rubbers and windscreen and she is looking beautiful.

Some photos

Attachments

• 50ddf2c4_a239_480b_a0d8_7de075bf684a_188.jpeg
    50ddf2c4_a239_480b_a0d8_7de075bf684a_188.jpeg
    623.1 KB · Views: 1,322
  • a14baaa5_aea6_40dc_8fba_13f453f212dd_212.jpeg
    a14baaa5_aea6_40dc_8fba_13f453f212dd_212.jpeg
    586.7 KB · Views: 1,322
  • 087e242e_cfd5_471b_99aa_c701c58e28a9_629.jpeg
    087e242e_cfd5_471b_99aa_c701c58e28a9_629.jpeg
    654.9 KB · Views: 1,320
  • 9e37c835_2ae8_4ce8_97f0_3f8ef3873dc7_160.jpeg
    9e37c835_2ae8_4ce8_97f0_3f8ef3873dc7_160.jpeg
    616.5 KB · Views: 1,322
...the GOAT perhaps (?) 911 perfection to these eyes buddy...beautiful colour combination and love the original wheel but appreciate your rationale for a change...

...all 911s after this are poor copies :thumbs:

Thank you both for the positive comments.

Next job is to swap the Cup wheels out for the Fuchs and get the Cups refurbished (and finally get the nail out of one of the tyres) ... an oil and filter change and then a Spring and Summer of driving, which I'm really looking forward to.

JonathanDLP said:
Thanks for the reminder on pics. As soon as it stops raining I'll take some and put them up.

The only additional work I've done since the above is to fit a battery isolator (the type that fits to the negative battery terminal) and a replacement longer earth lead (12" vs the original 9") from the terminal to the body which is needed to reach it. Much more convenient than having to remove the lead when leaving the car sitting for more than a week or two to avoid battery drain.

Before fitting the new earth lead, with the battery in its current state, I would just get clicking when trying to start and have to resort to a battery pack. With the new earth lead fitted she starts on first turn of the key. Whether this was because the old bare lead was internally corroded (visually it looked fine) or because I went for the heaviest gauge cable I could find (rated for 345 amps) and there is now less voltage drop I don't know.

Looking good.

How are you getting on with the Nardi steering wheel?, I'm very tempted to try a smaller wheel on my 993

Cheers
Bob

Hi Bob

Sorry for the delay in replying, I've been away for a while.

I haven't had much opportunity to use the car since it came back from the bodyshop but I'll update on impressions later in the summer.

JonathanDLP said:
Hi Bob

Sorry for the delay in replying, I've been away for a while.

I haven't had much opportunity to use the car since it came back from the bodyshop but I'll update on impressions later in the summer.

thanks appreciated

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpkM3
Back