Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Interesting read for 996 buyers with price guides

NB: I'd take the values quoted with a pinch of salt. The article is 18 months old.

Also, the claim that they found a 92k mile, 2002 C4S Cab for £6,500 is fiction - unless the engine was broken. :nooo:

I didn't see the age of the article, it just popped up on my feed.

I suppose the article really suggest the 996 is a good investment. Forgetting the fluff around what they found, I agree a 996 for £6k would be a problem child. I'm guessing the concept of a 996 being a good investment with increasing prices is still the case even if the article is 18 months old?

Or would you disagree?

I can't see any 'cooking' water-cooled 911 as ever being an investment.

At the moment they all represent excellent value for money as 911s to jump in, drive and enjoy. At the end of their tenure owners will recoup far more of their initial outlay than with almost any other car.

That's a 'win-win' in my book. :thumb:

That article looks like it somehow slipped through the editing process. The £6500 C4S cab must be an error there's an extra S in the statement or there's a 1 missing from the price or as T8 says, it was broken beyond repair.

I don't agree prices were at their lowest at the time of that article. They were probably at their lowest about 6 or 7 years ago and I think the best you can expect now is that it stays relatively static if bought sensibly.

A rattle from the engine and an oil leak are signs that the IMS is on the way out! eh!

Hear hear, 2013 was the bottom of the market, it's moved up about 30-40% since then. They are still cheap for what they are though.

I'm afraid I thought that article was uninformed, out of date, inaccurate and generic journalism. The comments about rust for example.
There's far more valuable, up to date guidance available first hand from owners on this site, for example.

Griffter said:
I'm afraid I thought that article was uninformed, out of date, inaccurate and generic journalism. The comments about rust for example.
There's far more valuable, up to date guidance available first hand from owners on this site, for example.

Agreed

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back