Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Heavyknobs - shifter upgrade

CB911C4S

Monza
I read about this on Rennlist
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-gt3-forum/1249576-new-vendor-intro-heavy-knobs.html

It's a set of weights designed to fit into your OEM shifter and improve the experience. My set arrived today and installed within 15 mins. I have an SSK and on my test run it was a better throw and more positive gear change.

I don't know if others have tried them but thought it would be of interest - I recommend reading the Rennlist thread to get more information and feedback from users.

I really like the idea of this.

Incredible that someone has thought to fill the voids in the gear knob with brass (bronze coming next). And absolutely love the Heavy Knobs logo. Simply genius imo.

Got me thinking though. I'm not sure on the physics, but I believe Porsches solution was to add the weights found on the shifter near the gearbox. These provide heft and also shifting momentum. (Often found on other cars)

Adding about 100 grams to the gear knob would surely make a difference. But I wonder if there is a simpler, cheaper way of achieving this. By adding a collar onto the 2 weights under the car. (See here in a robbed photo).

Will increase load on gearshift cables. Slightly.

Would not be limited to 100 grams though.

Interesting idea and with all the things you are doing to your car, you are the right person to try it. Do you think it will have the same effect with weight at the bottom compared to the top? I failed physics miserably...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pands
Back