Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Alex SSK v 997 standard comparison

Powerflex gearbox bush inserts :notagree: Awful.

Only my opinion obviously, but I hated them.

They tightened the box up nicely enough, but The vibration through the car on acceleration was unbearable. Removed after 100 miles.

A new front bush is the way to go :thumb:

The ones you fit were the original design. I contacted powerflex after having the same issue so they redesigned them to illiminate the vibration. That was later on in 2017 when you fit them in March 2017.

You don't get the same issue with them anymore.

See thread on it here: http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=122405

I fitted the original thick ones first and then removed them within 100 miles and just binned them.

I think it was on here I saw the thread about getting the thinner replacements so sent a copy of my invoice to david at powerflex and they replaced them with the thinner walled ones. They were also in around 100 miles before being removed and it was them i sold for £5.

The first set were hideous, the second were just awful in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, lovey tight feel, just awful to drive with.

But hey, only £25 i suppose, he can give them a try for himself :thumbs:

I modifed the original ones a la infrasilver and it totally removed any NVH.

How difficult is it to change the bush please?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpkM3
Back