Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Green 997GT3RS at Octane - opinions?

Yes it takes a special kind of person that would pay the average house price for a car and then give it a good thrashing and park it next to the great unwashed :hand:

I think that green looks superb, as has been said, perhaps get the wrappers to tell you what has been done etc.
let's face it, some people spend bundles on a new car and get it wrapped straight away.

Maybe you could get lucky and find the previous owner, I did this with my recent purchase and got questions answered.
Same applies here, they had had the car 6 months so I was all suspicious.
It turned out that they bought it for 89k as confirmed by last owner and I bought from them at 93k. I then managed to put 3 years porsche warranty on it and as far as I know. The cars a goodun.

Ive also seen another turbo s. Which looks pretty impressive and that has been wrapped by yiannimise (spelling) but if you look them up they wrap some really impressive high end cars.

One of the main reasons people change cars is that they get bored with the colour so I will probably do the same in a couple of years and green is my first choice atm. I saw a beauty with over 200k miles in it in that colour and I love it.

Re: 993

stichill99 said:
Yes it takes a special kind of person that would pay the average house price for a car and then give it a good thrashing and park it next to the great unwashed :hand:

Indeed. However, at the end of the day it's a car and the enjoyment must be in the driving. Also, my 993 was bought for £12K many moons ago (which was a heck of a lot of money for me at the time), it's worth a fair bit more than that now but whenever I park it up, I still think of it as a 12 grand car!

Re: 993

stichill99 said:

And that's one of the advantages of a high end Porsche, you can get away with a lot more than you would if you bought a used red Ferrari for similar money.

Absolutely love the colour

I visited the place probably 2 years ago when looking for my car, they have some nice cars in, a lot hasn't moved that quickly and I guess a lot SOR.

They seemed nice enough though, it's well worth a visit just to have a perve on the machinery in there.

Ref the RS, I like the colour and subtle RS look, no decals is the way forward but I'm not sure I could buy it not seeing the paint underneath just incase...if your just going to keep it and drive it though then maybe it's not such an issue :thumb:

I didn't buy that colour schemed car in 2014 with 19k miles for £67k. :sad: :sad: :sad:

FZP said:
I didn't buy that colour schemed car in 2014 with 19k miles for £67k. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Was it that actual car you were considering to buy or just one like it?

One like

I doubt there's anything wrong with the paint underneath the wrap. Many people wrap cars because they want a change of colour. Also it's a paint on wrap, and if you like the colour then there's no issue.

Nobody is going to spend 7-10 grand to 'hide' a paint job. They would just spend 7-10 grand to fix the bad paint job.

Getting PCCBs checked is a good idea, but if they are good and you're not planning to track they will last 100k miles. I have PCCBs on two of my cars and I love them. Specced them new on my Spyder.

Octane e collection are known in a car club Supercar Driver, have many high end cars in and have a good rep as far as I've heard.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPD
Back