Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Driver window went bang, no longer works.

Pretty sure it'll be your window regulator, mine went bang when it gave up the ghost.

img_1613-1.jpg

Looking at my receipts, in January this year I paid £216.06 for a new genuine oem regulator set from Design911 plus a new set of door panel clips as these tend to break when removing the panel.

As has been said it's only a couple of hours labour and that was with me doing the job for the first time.

Alex said:
The wire that pulls the glass up and down gets worn and deteriorates (rusty) and then snaps, so I'd call that wear and tear, although I've just read on another forum that someone had there's replaced under warranty.

It's not on the list of excluded items detailed in the warranty paperwork so I reckon that this is squarely in the 'not expected to break within the first 15 years' category.

Shut the door, then push the glass up. Keeps the rain out. Use some grippy gloves if you have them.

OPC will fix under warranty.

The days of them charging £500 for non-warranty repair are long gone in my experience. They want to replace the membrane as well as the regulator and it's about £700. Much cheaper at an Indy.

someone on a fb 997 group has replied saying she was told by OPC that it was wear and tear and cost her 700quid :(

why can't there just be a specific, hard and fast definition!?

thefunkygibbon said:
It's a community. Would you rather people didn't bother posting very much and the forum becomes stale? Or that I commit thread necromancy? People seem to moan more about that than posting semi repeated content.

The amount of times people have posted about Bluetooth audio or replacement stereos or any number of things and you have not brought up the classic "use search" for them.

Come on, don't be such a stick in the mud. It's literally bothered noone apart from you it seems.

I have no idea whether or not it has bothered any of the 42k+ members on here, not everyone bothers to show if they are indeed bothered by several repeat questions.
Good to know that you have been scrolling through my posts, so you can search :grin:

With regard to your example of posters seeking advice concerning Bluetooth audio or replacement stereos, that is indeed a good example - the area of in car entertainment is a constantly changing world and as such many historical posts would be out of date so why highlight a post that offers little to no help.

I can't respond to every post but I do try and help steer forum members to an area that will help them, and if sometimes that is just simply advising someone to search the vast library of information on here or posting up a specific link that helps the poster then I will. Apologies if that bothers you :thumbs:

It's not meant to be a consumable. There are humans involved in the process, therefore outcomes vary.

Magic919 said:
It's not meant to be a consumable. There are humans involved in the process, therefore outcomes vary.

:yeah: If it's not a consumable and it's broken, it should be covered.

In the unlikely event a warranty claim was rejected for that I'd escalate it to PCGB HQ.

The only circumstances I could foresee a rejection would be if the part had been repaired previously. It's the check of that which requires an inspection of the fault rather than a decision being made over the phone.

It was me that replied to the post on the FB page saying my OPC wouldn't cover this under warranty. Having read that a few others have had this done I am going to give them a call on Monday to query this.

I dug out the invoice and they charged me £580.72 to replace it. I wasn't happy at the time that it wasn't covered as I couldn't see anything to say it was excluded in the policy docs but the service advisor assured me this was the case.

As I stated on Facebook, I am not very impressed with this particular OPC in general for service, I had the car back in a couple of weeks ago for a leaking coolant pipe and again had to argue the case for this to be covered by warranty, and they also took over a week to sort it for me, they didn't seem to be in any rush to get the work done at all.

nlm13 said:
It was me that replied to the post on the FB page saying my OPC wouldn't cover this under warranty. Having read that a few others have had this done I am going to give them a call on Monday to query this.

I dug out the invoice and they charged me £580.72 to replace it. I wasn't happy at the time that it wasn't covered as I couldn't see anything to say it was excluded in the policy docs but the service advisor assured me this was the case.

As I stated on Facebook, I am not very impressed with this particular OPC in general for service, I had the car back in a couple of weeks ago for a leaking coolant pipe and again had to argue the case for this to be covered by warranty, and they also took over a week to sort it for me, they didn't seem to be in any rush to get the work done at all.

Sounds very frustrating. I hate the way that it's a lucky dip with opc'. But I guess you get that with every marques franchised dealers.
I too had a leaking coolant pipe a few months ago, they took a month to sort, luckily it wasn't too hard to convince them that it should be warranty ... But you really shouldn't need to.things should either be or not be.

I'm afraid porsche dont give their OPS,s any clear rules or set items when it comes to a warranty item ..

The OPC has to decide .. if Porsche then rejects it after a day or two its left for the OPC to either swallow the cost or then try and chase the customer ..

Because of this there tends to be a culture of reject anything that might be questionable .

I don't blame any OPC here .. 10 years at one so i should know , my own one shelled out a lot of money on failed warranty claims .

Back in the day i did a broken coil spring , my garage argued it was wear and tear .. on a Cayenne .. i argued the opposite as i considered it to be warranty .. i wasn't listened to and the opc charged the customer ..

He then went onto customer service to complain .. they upheld it and the customer was refunded ..

I have previously worked for Volvo .. in those days it was a sliding scale where by a percentage was paid on each item after the 2 year period dependant on age / mileage ..

A far better system in my opinion .. and engine / gearbox fault was still 100 % wattennty .. the scale applied to anything that was wear and tear .. oil seals etc and upto 10 years old .. we are talking 30 years ago mind you .

Im digressing .. sorry ..

Technically it should be covered under warranty ... technically it would take 30 seconds for a mechanic to diagnose .. actually 10 seconds to pull on the window glass and press the button !!

You have the option of complaining to customer services if they reject it though .

Indy is also cheaper at this job .. have to throw that in there :)

My 2 pennys anyways .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prime007
Back